Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Writing on the Walls-Underoath Drum Cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm5WxfvtsmE

Would love some opinions how to get a better sound on my over heads and toms!

2. User Registered

sounds like your compressing the crap out of the over heads or something coz they're coming in and out. are you?

Wanted MAPEX SATURN 10x8 Tom Red Cherry Sparkle, Meinl Byzance 16" &20" crashes

3. Registered User

Nah they were just ****** mics! My entire mic set up is now replaced!

4. Registered User

Can't say too much about the sound quality as I'm watching on my laptop with terrible speakers, but it doesn't seem too bad. The kick is punchy (maybe too much), snare is cutting through the mix, although the overheads do seem a bit too compressed. Again though, hard to tell with these speakers.

You're definitely rushing on the tune though. It seems like you're playing the part well, but it gets reeeeaally messy hearing your drums clash with the track. Your tempo is pretty shaky all throughout the tune. I completely understand it, you're adrenaline gets going and you get excited, but just calm down a bit, focus on the tempo and the pocket of the song, and everything will sound much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttaM View Post
    jamfelt is a way of life. it's its own culture.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tay View Post
    Can't say too much about the sound quality as I'm watching on my laptop with terrible speakers, but it doesn't seem too bad. The kick is punchy (maybe too much), snare is cutting through the mix, although the overheads do seem a bit too compressed. Again though, hard to tell with these speakers.

You're definitely rushing on the tune though. It seems like you're playing the part well, but it gets reeeeaally messy hearing your drums clash with the track. Your tempo is pretty shaky all throughout the tune. I completely understand it, you're adrenaline gets going and you get excited, but just calm down a bit, focus on the tempo and the pocket of the song, and everything will sound much better.
    Thanks for the advice! I'm still learning to record. I am working on hooking the metronome to the songs. Its harder than I expected! Can't wait to share my new cover with everyone! I think i've made some improvements.