Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Terry Bozzio and KORN

I am not a drummer. I thought it might be appropriate to post my opinion here among others interested in Terry Bozzio and his relationship with KORN. Terry’s work with KORN is / was fantastic. He brought the appropriate balance of his personal style and the percussion palate expected from a band member to the project. He lent himself fully to KORN and their music without hesitation or reservation. It is very sad that they could not work out their differences (that there were differences at all leads me to reflect about the nature of conflict in personality and belief). Together they could have blazed a path through “Heavy Metal” like Miles Davis or Weather Report did with Jazz. The much viewed video of “I Will Protect You” (and Terry’s solo) is but a tiny example of where this group could have gone. There are a handful of players who have taken their instrument to another level. Charlie Parker (with Dizzy Gillespie), Miles, Jaco Pastorius, and Ornette Coleman are a few modern examples. I must count Terry among these giants of art. I respect and admire both his talent and his scholarship. He strives, in my opinion, to be fair (and open) minded, without sacrificing himself or his creativity. The pop music world lost an opportunity when a musician of Terry’s caliber could not gain access to the massive public forum KORN could / would have provided. We, the listening audience, can only hope opportunity knocks again. I would like to write more but suffice it to say I wish everyone involved well and hope the future holds the promise these gifted musicians deserve.

2. Registered User

Terry Bozzio was in Korn?

3. Registered User

That was the oddest post I have ever read in here.....and there have been a lot of oddball posts.
    "The only thing trashier than a wuhan china is an agop china, unless you want to hit some rednecks with your drumsticks" - dudewuttheheck

4. Back from vacation

I don't exactly keep up with Korn, but I'm pretty sure Terry's stint with them was very brief and was more of an audition than a temporary fill-in before they wound up going with Ray Luzier.
    MASTERS ARMY

5. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WSMerwin View Post
    that there were differences at all leads me to reflect about the nature of conflict in personality and belief
    lolwut

6. Detail

I'm kinda confused about the direction this thread is trying to go in.
    My Kit And Its Progress, If Anyone Cares

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Diarrhea is free, but that doesn't make it a 'good deal'.

7. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mythguy1208 View Post
    I'm kinda confused about the direction this thread is trying to go in.
    I think this thread is confused about which direction it should go in...

8. Detail

Quote Originally Posted by nik12 View Post
    I think this thread is confused about which direction it should go in...
    When I read the title, I thought it would just talk about Terry when he played with Korn, then his post went in a whole new direction

9. Drumming Since 1943

Methinks the OP might have, um... escaped from a locked institution.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Registered User

I was never under the impression that Terry was IN Korn, he just helped them with one album while their drummer was away?

11. Detail

Quote Originally Posted by gabebennett1 View Post
    I was never under the impression that Terry was IN Korn, he just helped them with one album while their drummer was away?
    He just recorded a couple songs with them. He was gonna be the drummer for touring for the album, but since they couldn't make a deal with money splitting, he left. Brooks Wackerman recorded drums for the rest of the album. And Joey Jordison filled in for touring of the album

12. life start at 125bpm

bozzio with korn.....hmmm.i..i..i think you fell asleep the year bozzio got the drummer seat , then accidentaly been awakened just minutes ago thinking : '''' oh terry!!....he's been fired !! ??'''''....who?...what??
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes