Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. J-Con

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    [*]It's hard to see it in the photo, but I'm not seeing black gaskets under the lugs on the kick - all Pearl kits come with gaskets for the lugs, and they have for quite some time.
    I'm pretty sure pearl only uses the gaskets on the Lacquered Visions. My wrapped Visions don't have gaskets.

2. Registered User

Hi this is off thread ..but is there any way to remove bubbles from a wrap with out removing it ? got a set i'm thinking of stripping but if it's possible to get the bubbles out . i may not ..the wrap's in pretty good shape otherwise .and i'd like to keep it original if i can ....thanks

3. Registered User

Puncture it with the tiniest of holes.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgit View Post
    Puncture it with the tiniest of holes.
    How tiny are they?...
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    How tiny are they?...
    As tiny as possible

It may be possible to push the bubbles out, depends how the wrap has been glued. If the glue isn't covering the shell and wrap 100%, it may be possible to push air bubbles out to the side. Could try using a piece of plastic with a straight edge, like a glue spreader.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

6. Registered User

thanks tried .but no go ..i stripped em ....i'll post pics when i'm done with them

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bobbydrumhappy View Post
    thanks tried .but no go ..i stripped em ....i'll post pics when i'm done with them
    Are you going to paint or re-wrap? If painting, allow me to recommend this product to prep the outer wood with before you put any primer/paint on the shells.

https://aquacoat.com/collections/wat...r-grain-filler

Guy using it on raw wood guitar body.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcn2Pea3kH8

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Track12 View Post
    Are you going to paint or re-wrap? If painting, allow me to recommend this product to prep the outer wood with before you put any primer/paint on the shells.

https://aquacoat.com/collections/wat...r-grain-filler

Guy using it on raw wood guitar body.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcn2Pea3kH8
    Thanks looks good i'll keep it in mind but i'm going to staining them .have done . i've painted one in the past too the shells are in pretty good condition .(maple ) once i got em all cleaned up thinking a charcoal mahogany burst type thing ..i'll post after pics might even just lacquer if i can sand out 30 yr old tape lines ..

9. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Thanks looks good i'll keep it in mind but i'm going to staining them .have done . i've painted one in the past too the shells are in pretty good condition .(maple ) once i got em all cleaned up thinking a charcoal mahogany burst type thing ..i'll post after pics might even just lacquer if i can sand out 30 yr old tape lines ..
    Use goo-gone or paint thinner to get rid of excess tape residue on shells, then sand with 220 and tape lines will be no more .. I've refinished a lot of 80's Pearl shells

10. Registered User

Stoked to see your work!