Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 31
  1. Drumaholic

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,610

    Default Got my first Level 360s

    My shipment of new heads arrived today, containing a complete set of EC2s and G1s for my toms, and an EC1 Reverse Power Dot and Hazy 300 for my snare, all in 360 configuration. I've got a session gig next weekend (March 16), and I'll be doing my head change Thursday when I get back from Chicago. I'll let you guys know what I think of the heads after I get them put on the kit! I'm pretty stoked to see how they tune up and to see if you can indeed go without seating the heads and still have them tune up nicely.

  2. PDF resident cynic

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    this may sound blashpemous, but i've never ever seated my heads, and somehow i didn't die :/
    Under the sign of D-beat

    Un-ban nik12!

  3. Drumaholic

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beermaniac
    this may sound blashpemous, but i've never ever seated my heads, and somehow i didn't die :/
    I usually do. I'll do the fist move, and then once they're on, I tune 2 or 3 turns beyond target pitch to stretch them. Then, I take them back down and I usually have no further problems. I'm skipping this process this time around and seeing how it goes.

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
    I usually do. I'll do the fist move, and then once they're on, I tune 2 or 3 turns beyond target pitch to stretch them. Then, I take them back down and I usually have no further problems. I'm skipping this process this time around and seeing how it goes.
    You will notice no difference. It will not be because of the "new" kind of head
    Selling:
    Tama Artwood Black 13x6.5" Snare

    PM me - UK

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth, The Milky Way
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beermaniac
    this may sound blashpemous, but i've never ever seated my heads, and somehow i didn't die :/
    Infidel

  6. Masters Lover

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
    I usually do. I'll do the fist move, and then once they're on, I tune 2 or 3 turns beyond target pitch to stretch them. Then, I take them back down and I usually have no further problems. I'm skipping this process this time around and seeing how it goes.
    I do the same. When I was less experienced, I didn't. Of course you know what happened then- they seated while playing. Now I seat them every time. I keep tensioning until I hear that loud POP, back it off, then tune. So, am I understanding that the new 360's don't need to be seated?

    Masters MCX, Zildjian A Customs, DW pedals, Gibralter rack.

  7. Drumaholic

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty b

    I do the same. When I was less experienced, I didn't. Of course you know what happened then- they seated while playing. Now I seat them every time. I keep tensioning until I hear that loud POP, back it off, then tune. So, am I understanding that the new 360's don't need to be seated?
    The idea is that they sit flush on the bearing edge so this isn't required unlike old heads. I'm planning to test it out.

  8. Away From The World

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
    Posts
    34,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty b View Post
    I do the same. When I was less experienced, I didn't. Of course you know what happened then- they seated while playing. Now I seat them every time. I keep tensioning until I hear that loud POP, back it off, then tune.
    Me too.

    Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18


  9. @joeyryandrums

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    same kindof thing Aquarian has done forever, but with Evans heads... so i guess thats great for Evans guys! . Remo should catch on soon too

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
    My shipment of new heads arrived today, containing a complete set of EC2s and G1s for my toms, and an EC1 Reverse Power Dot and Hazy 300 for my snare, all in 360 configuration. I've got a session gig next weekend (March 16), and I'll be doing my head change Thursday when I get back from Chicago. I'll let you guys know what I think of the heads after I get them put on the kit! I'm pretty stoked to see how they tune up and to see if you can indeed go without seating the heads and still have them tune up nicely.
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy them from? I am wanting to buy a complete set but I want to make sure I don't receive any "old stock-non 360's"

  11. Meus nomen est Nate.

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,077

    Default

    Please tell me you're not putting EC2's on a Reference.
    TOOL

    "Thereís a strong correlation between this bandís name and the type of people who listen to their MC Escher butt rock. Hopefully it will be 10,000 more days before they release another album."

  12. Drumaholic

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeN70 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy them from? I am wanting to buy a complete set but I want to make sure I don't receive any "old stock-non 360's"
    I bought them off of Amazon. I compared their price against MF and MM and they won out on this one.

    Please tell me you're not putting EC2's on a Reference.
    I am. Say what you will, but they make the drums sound really nice when mic'd and recorded. My goal when selecting heads and tuning drums is to get the best end result possible in the form of a good mic'd drum sound because all of my playing is through mics in a live setting or in my home. The EC2s accomplish that very well for me. Ask anyone who listened to my DoTM entry and they'll tell you that the EC2s sound **** good.
    Last edited by Ronnie G; 03-08-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •