Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Drumaholic

Default Got my first Level 360s

My shipment of new heads arrived today, containing a complete set of EC2s and G1s for my toms, and an EC1 Reverse Power Dot and Hazy 300 for my snare, all in 360 configuration. I've got a session gig next weekend (March 16), and I'll be doing my head change Thursday when I get back from Chicago. I'll let you guys know what I think of the heads after I get them put on the kit! I'm pretty stoked to see how they tune up and to see if you can indeed go without seating the heads and still have them tune up nicely.

2. PDF resident cynic

this may sound blashpemous, but i've never ever seated my heads, and somehow i didn't die :/
    Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

3. Drumaholic

Quote Originally Posted by beermaniac
    this may sound blashpemous, but i've never ever seated my heads, and somehow i didn't die :/
    I usually do. I'll do the fist move, and then once they're on, I tune 2 or 3 turns beyond target pitch to stretch them. Then, I take them back down and I usually have no further problems. I'm skipping this process this time around and seeing how it goes.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
    I usually do. I'll do the fist move, and then once they're on, I tune 2 or 3 turns beyond target pitch to stretch them. Then, I take them back down and I usually have no further problems. I'm skipping this process this time around and seeing how it goes.
    You will notice no difference. It will not be because of the "new" kind of head
    Selling:
    Tama Artwood Black 13x6.5" Snare

PM me - UK

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by beermaniac
    Infidel

6. Masters Lover

I do the same. When I was less experienced, I didn't. Of course you know what happened then- they seated while playing. Now I seat them every time. I keep tensioning until I hear that loud POP, back it off, then tune. So, am I understanding that the new 360's don't need to be seated?

Masters MCX, Zildjian A Customs, DW pedals, Gibralter rack.

7. Drumaholic

Quote Originally Posted by scotty b

I do the same. When I was less experienced, I didn't. Of course you know what happened then- they seated while playing. Now I seat them every time. I keep tensioning until I hear that loud POP, back it off, then tune. So, am I understanding that the new 360's don't need to be seated?
    The idea is that they sit flush on the bearing edge so this isn't required unlike old heads. I'm planning to test it out.

8. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by scotty b View Post
    I do the same. When I was less experienced, I didn't. Of course you know what happened then- they seated while playing. Now I seat them every time. I keep tensioning until I hear that loud POP, back it off, then tune.
    Me too.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

9. @joeyryandrums

same kindof thing Aquarian has done forever, but with Evans heads... so i guess thats great for Evans guys! . Remo should catch on soon too

10. Registered User

My shipment of new heads arrived today, containing a complete set of EC2s and G1s for my toms, and an EC1 Reverse Power Dot and Hazy 300 for my snare, all in 360 configuration. I've got a session gig next weekend (March 16), and I'll be doing my head change Thursday when I get back from Chicago. I'll let you guys know what I think of the heads after I get them put on the kit! I'm pretty stoked to see how they tune up and to see if you can indeed go without seating the heads and still have them tune up nicely.
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy them from? I am wanting to buy a complete set but I want to make sure I don't receive any "old stock-non 360's"

11. Meus nomen est Nate.

Please tell me you're not putting EC2's on a Reference.
    TOOL

"Thereís a strong correlation between this bandís name and the type of people who listen to their MC Escher butt rock. Hopefully it will be 10,000 more days before they release another album."

12. Drumaholic

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeN70 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy them from? I am wanting to buy a complete set but I want to make sure I don't receive any "old stock-non 360's"
    I bought them off of Amazon. I compared their price against MF and MM and they won out on this one.

Please tell me you're not putting EC2's on a Reference.
    I am. Say what you will, but they make the drums sound really nice when mic'd and recorded. My goal when selecting heads and tuning drums is to get the best end result possible in the form of a good mic'd drum sound because all of my playing is through mics in a live setting or in my home. The EC2s accomplish that very well for me. Ask anyone who listened to my DoTM entry and they'll tell you that the EC2s sound **** good.
    Last edited by Ronnie G; 03-08-2013 at 07:41 PM.