1. Registered User

Awesome snare!!! I love mine....
    Tom

My bands Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/punchdrunkmonday

2. Drum sales/service

ORDERED!

MCX Mocha Tamo in the following sizes:
    16x20, 8x10, 9x12, 11x13, 13x16

Even though the finish has been discontinued, I was able to special order the kit. (4-6 month wait)
    Special thanks to my Pearl rep Mike Zurlo for making this happen.
    My ELX kit is nearing 10 years old, and it's endured lots of gigs in all kinds of weather. Time for a new one!
    Now... I wait.
    Pearl MCX Mocha Tamo
    Pearl ELX Green Fade
    Pearl EXX Electric Blue Sparkle

3. Spirit WARS inside..

Quote Originally Posted by PercWorld View Post
    ORDERED! MCX Mocha Tamo in the following sizes: 16x20, 8x10, 9x12, 11x13, 13x16 Even though the finish has been discontinued, I was able to special order the kit. (4-6 month wait) Special thanks to my Pearl rep Mike Zurlo for making this happen. My ELX kit is nearing 10 years old, and it's endured lots of gigs in all kinds of weather. Time for a new one! Now... I wait.
    congrats!
    The waiting is the roughest part.
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006

4. MCXMochaTamoMadden

Name:  image-1422618550.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  476.4 KB

Latest setup. Loving this kit more each day. Well worth the investment. Hope yours comes very soon!! Congrats!
    Dunnett Titanium / Pearl Masters MCX Mocha Tamo / Zildjian K, A, K Custom, K Constantinople

5. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Great overhead pic of your Mocha Tamo beauties Madden!

Are you using Moderen Vintage II's as your tom batters? I can't quite make out the logo/label on them.
    What do you think of them so far?
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

6. MCXMochaTamoMadden

I emailed Aquarian to get see if someone could give me a better idea what heads would give me the warm, full, resonant, and deep sound I was looking for and Roy Burns called me back!!

He suggested Modern Vintage Deep (2 10 mil plies) for the toms and Deep Vintage with the Superkick muffling ring. They are the best heads I've played to date hands down. I am amazed at their full tone and responsiveness in spite of their thickness. The vacuum sealed plies make a big difference and the collar forms perfectly to the bearing edge. Real easy tuning with a very low range. A+ heads!

I have a texture coated on the aluminum Sensitione and a Triple Threat on the MCX.

I love all the heads with the exception of the Triple Threat. It's too thick for the sensitivity I want. I'm going to swap for a Focus X with power dot next time I think. The Remo Powerstroke with dot sounded great before, so I'll try the closest Aquarian option.
    Dunnett Titanium / Pearl Masters MCX Mocha Tamo / Zildjian K, A, K Custom, K Constantinople

7. Drum sales/service

Agreed. Aquarian is a great company, and it's refreshing to see a CEO so involved and hands-on. I've had the pleasure of speaking with Roy a few times myself (like you, I also work in music retail), and he's a super-nice, down to Earth guy.
    That said, I'm planning to stick with Remo when I get my MCX kit. The reason? Smooth white heads. I always loved to look of coated heads, but I hate when the coating wears off, leaving a dirty looking spot in the middle of the head. Smooth white heads always look new (thus keeping my mild OCD in check), and I've enjoyed using them on my ELX kit for years.
    Pearl MCX Mocha Tamo
    Pearl ELX Green Fade

8. MCXMochaTamoMadden

What sizes and finish are you getting for your MCX?

9. Drum sales/service

^^ Please see my post from 1-23-15 above ^^
    Same sizes as my current ELX, and basically the same kit as yours, except a 16x20 bass instead of 18x20.
    I did not order a matching MCX snare - Between my brass, walnut, and aluminum (all 6x13), I have all the snares I need for now!
    I plan to use the same drum rack and the same cases, so the kits will be interchangeable depending on the gig.
    Pearl MCX Mocha Tamo
    Pearl ELX Green Fade

10. MCXMochaTamoMadden

Wow! Can't believe I missed that! Very cool setup! Congrats!

11. Drum sales/service

One month down, at least three to go for my new MCX. Looking at my band's gig schedule, wondering where I'll use the new kit first!
    More photos, anyone?
    Pearl MCX Mocha Tamo
    Pearl ELX Green Fade

12. MCXMochaTamoMadden

Oh the waiting! Exciting that it's coming! Better get some good pictures and video of the shows.