Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex Rudinger

1. This Demon I Blame

Default Alex Rudinger

Can we talk about this guy? Freaking PHENOMENAL metal drummer. Extremely talented, and very young. He played in Threat Signal and Ordinance for a while, and now he's the new drummer for The Faceless after a brief stint with The HAARP Machine, which sadly seems to have disbanded already.

I didn't discover him for a very long time, but watching his videos on Youtube has made me dig into some Threat Signal and Ordinance albums and I am utterly blown away. He seems to have no trouble seamlessly switching between tasty grooves and obscenely fast drumming, with laser-like precision. And his kit (Pearl Masters with Ref. snare) sounds incredible in his videos. Check him out. He seems very active with his fans, posts tons of covers as well as studio footage of him tracking for his various projects. I hope he puts up footage of a Faceless song soon.

Esoteric Agenda - The HAARP Machine
    (The only other drum video of this song on YT as of this OP is my own cover. Please don't watch them back to back. He blows me out of the water.)

This Theory; Repeating - Ordinance

Uncensored - Threat Signal

Live with The Faceless - Ancient Covenant (Handcam quality)
    My Tama Superstars

Are you a fan of hard rock and heavy metal?
    Check out my drum covers of bands like Lamb of God , DevilDriver, and Avenged Sevenfold here!!!

My PDF Drum Cover Thread

2. My Concord Faded

No.

This is the one you should have posted....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwTre...2E50552BA6408F
    VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
    Kick Sub Mod
    How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

3. This Demon I Blame

Maybe. I like that track but Theory is by far my favorite off that album.
    My Tama Superstars

Are you a fan of hard rock and heavy metal?
    Check out my drum covers of bands like Lamb of God , DevilDriver, and Avenged Sevenfold here!!!

My PDF Drum Cover Thread

4. Herculean

I have checked out quite a few of his videos and even subscribed to his youtube channel. I found him while viewing videos from travis orbin on youtube. I dig this guys style and like his ambidextrous playing style.
    Yamaha Oak Custom; York Honey Amber | 20x17 | 8x6 | 10x6.5 | 12x9 | 14x12F | 16x16F | 12x6 Musashi Oak Snare
    Sabian Cymbals | HHX | HH | AA | AAX | Prototype

5. Funkmeister, M.D.

I think I saw him do a demo for some Meinls for NANM 2012. Really cool stuff.
    Ludwig • Sabian • Paiste • Gibraltar • Vic Firth • Pro-Mark • Roland • LP • Gon Bops • Audix • Kickport

6. Noize Maker

IMO his original band Ordinance is the best thing he is apart of.
    Very solid player.
    These are my favorites:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuukt0HfSAM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50bBWy4YwBk

MASTERS ARMY

7. Registered User

Check out his cover of end of flesh by whitechappel. So good, blows my mind every time

8. Registered User

Alex has been one of my biggest inspirations and favorite drummers for a few years now. His insane technicality and precision are absolutely outstanding.

9. Angoose

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    I have checked out quite a few of his videos and even subscribed to his youtube channel. I found him while viewing videos from travis orbin on youtube. I dig this guys style and like his ambidextrous playing style.
    Yeah, same. I prefer orbin, but both are amazing.

10. Jeff Kness

He took lessons with Travis Orbin. He is a great young drummer. If you've been on here a while he is/was a member Mdtreps Or something

11. Jordrφk

Alex is a true inspiration. I think it is really awesome that he have made it so far in such a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by amazing View Post
    He took lessons with Travis Orbin. He is a great young drummer. If you've been on here a while he is/was a member Mdtreps Or something
    He's still a member, but now he is found under the username which is equivalent to his name. Though he haven't posted in a couple of years.

12. Smooth μves

The HAARP Machine is still going my foreign chum. They're now covering Scandinavian hippo music and calling themselves The Mu'mins.
    Less, by simple definition, cannot be more. Seriously. Check the ****ing dictionary.

www.twitter.com/MAbbottWriting
    www.facebook.com/maarkabbottwriting
    Incarnate, Book 1 of Ageless, due Q2-3 2016!