Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Vulgaris Magistralis

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    atheism ....turn left at stop sign, then look on your left ,a sign saying '''lefty here ,there's no god'''.
    What makes you think I'm an athe´st?
    all i'm saying is, just because wodan might or might not be real , does not mean that everything you do or have is thanks to him, you are still an able being, capable of things for yourself, and thus, should be thanking yourself for you own accomplishments.
    Last edited by drumdudeguyfello; 02-13-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    Proud owned of a Blue Pearl MLX:
    10",12",13",14",16" Toms
    22" Bassdrum
    and a marvelous 14x6.5 Pearl free-floating brass snare

2. PDF resident cynic

for once a thread has taken an interesting turn. in b4 lock.

Love to discuss but i'd get banned for my opinion :/
    Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

3. Vulgaris Magistralis

Quote Originally Posted by beermaniac View Post
    for once a thread has taken an interesting turn. in b4 lock.
    Glad I could be of assistance haha
    10",12",13",14",16" Toms
    22" Bassdrum

4. Registered drum user

Quote Originally Posted by drumdudeguyfello View Post
    Please.... stop thanking your own good decisions and proof of character on "jesus" or "god".... it's you, yourself, your willpower, you are the one who made the choices, no one else... Y O U
    Isn't life rather empty and purposeless if it's all about yourself and what you can do?
    ----------------------------------------------
    Pearl SMX Marine Blue Fade (outdoor pictures)
    Pearl Limited Edition Burl Mahogany Snare
    Vintage 60s Ludwig snare restoration
    Sabian cymbals and Vic Firth sticks

5. PDF resident cynic

Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

6. Vulgaris Magistralis

Quote Originally Posted by livingstone View Post
    Isn't life rather empty and purposeless if it's all about yourself and what you can do?
    Not at all , you can even get yourself in order just by making others feel good, depends on every person and their personality, but in the end, in my opinion, everything you can and will do comes down to yourself.
    10",12",13",14",16" Toms
    22" Bassdrum

7. I'm actually sane

bye bye thread.
    SAManiac's kit is really freaking cool If I do say so myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by nik12 View Post
    Any posts that need to declare themselves as "full of win" are clearly devoid of win.

8. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by drumdudeguyfello View Post
    you can even get yourself in order just by making others feel good
    You bet.

Edit: Eh, it's not worth it. Good job for getting clean and I'm glad you've found happiness in your chosen deity.
    Last edited by nik12; 02-14-2013 at 07:36 AM.

9. I spell bad.

Unless one simply cant control them self I see no point in obstaning from drinking or using natural things unless you just don't like it... I love beer and wine as well as some spirits but gave up smoking anything else some time ago but thats because I'm to lazy to grow my own and I just don't trust people any more to buy it from others.
    Nous sommes du soleil...
    We love when we play...

ἀπολυτρώσεως τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ

10. Smooth μves

Quote Originally Posted by livingstone View Post
    Life is entirely empty and purposeless - we just attribute meaning and reason to everything we do in an attempt to justify our own pointless existence.
    Less, by simple definition, cannot be more. Seriously. Check the ****ing dictionary.

www.twitter.com/MAbbottWriting
    www.facebook.com/maarkabbottwriting
    Incarnate, Book 1 of Ageless, due Q2-3 2016!

11. MCXMochaTamoMadden

There is nothing worth living for in this world by itself, for myself, that would not leave me totally depressed and empty. Your assertion that life is empty, purposeless, and pointless is a true one. I totally agree. That is the void I sought to fill in my life with all sorts of philosophies, religions, substances, addictions etc...

Simply quitting a habit is totally possible within one's own willpower, and many times with love and help from others. Many people need that help and support externally, and accountability afterward to encourage them to stay on that path. The question of "why" is totally valid. What reason would make anyone want to change anything?

The difference that I am truly testifying to in my own life is that in many attempts to quit, sometimes temporarily successful the real root cause of my problems was never actually addressed. My selfishness, self-centered attitude only left me hungry for more selfish vices, physical, mental, emotional etc... That is emptiness at its core. Quitting drugs and alcohol is a small part. Finding fulfillment beyond myself in receiving God's gift of Grace for my sins and loving acceptance and wise guidance destroyed my emptiness and replaced it with real joy.

I know many of you express that my belief is a "placebo" and Jesus is my "imaginary friend" but I can truly say that I know Him and He knows me and I have peace.

I have to question that if I am wrong, delusional, or confused, why are some of you so upset at my assertion? I am speaking from my personal experience, from the truth in my life. How can you make assertions that I am wrong and haven't actually had these experiences? Was their some emotional thread pulled within you to cause such a heated response? If everything is relative, everyone can believe whatever they want, like the narcissistic belief in self, why are you "bugged" by my faith in something greater?

To everyone who is giving me support and congratulating me I truly appreciate it. To all who are questioning it I do really appreciate your honesty. I do love conversation and I am not offended, but would love to talk openly from each one of our vantage points. Thanks.
    Dunnett Titanium / Pearl Masters MCX Mocha Tamo / Zildjian K, A, K Custom, K Constantinople

12. Vulgaris Magistralis

Quote Originally Posted by MCXMochaTamoMadden View Post
    To everyone who is giving me support and congratulating me I truly appreciate it. To all who are questioning it I do really appreciate your honesty. I do love conversation and I am not offended, but would love to talk openly from each one of our vantage points. Thanks.
    I support you in every way possible, and do wish you the best of luck.

And thank YOU for taking the time to respond
    10",12",13",14",16" Toms
    22" Bassdrum