Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl bassist View Post
    This is my baby
    Nice! Bet that's a ****ing hoot. I've read that the pre 2004 GSXRs have most of the grunt towards the top of the rev range - how is it for town riding? It's one of the bikes on my long list of candidates for my next bike, so I'd be interested to know!

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by broken_cymbal1 View Post
    Killer. You may want to ditch that K&N though. Heard that they can be harmful to the engine. BMC is where it's at.

Got any other mods planned?
    Really? What does the k&n do? Only other mods are a power commander, h1 mini projectors, and probably paint,

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post

Nice! Bet that's a ****ing hoot. I've read that the pre 2004 GSXRs have most of the grunt towards the top of the rev range - how is it for town riding? It's one of the bikes on my long list of candidates for my next bike, so I'd be interested to know!
    IMO it's the best gen. If your thinking about it make sure you ride one. It blows away the other bikes I have ridden. 96 cbr, 05 r6 , 01(?) cbr. Power band is prominent from 6500-12000. Around town it's nice I basically take to work and just cruising around town. It really has enough power wherever the engine is at it's not picky about gearing/speed.
    And I would also recommend the 750 over the 1k it has so much power I couldn't imagine having more but it's still a touch lighter and better handling. ( from what I hear).

And thanks everyone! Yesterday was an awesome day of riding for me so I'm stoked about this summer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    in its most simplistic terms, snare's cannot be played "All the time". They need their sleep too!, thus the snare bed........... :D
    my sessions (work in progress)
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...n-custom-maple

looking for: anything satin

3. Delusions

Really? What does the k&n do? Only other mods are a power commander, h1 mini projectors, and probably paint,
    Since K&N claims their filters add more power, they allow more air to flow and in doing so less is being filtered meaning more dirty particles are making their way to your engine through the less restrictive filter (i.e. K&N). Best thing to do is go back to stock OEM or something like BMC where it's similar to stock only you can clean it as opposed to having to replace it when it gets dirty.

Just my $.02. Otherwise you've got good mods coming up for your bike. Not sure if you've done projector retrofitting, but it can be quite a handful if you haven't done it before. Dad and I retrofitted projectors to my bike and holy HELL was that a hassle!

4. Vulgaris Magistralis

Quote Originally Posted by broken_cymbal1 View Post
    Since K&N claims their filters add more power, they allow more air to flow and in doing so less is being filtered meaning more dirty particles are making their way to your engine through the less restrictive filter (i.e. K&N). Best thing to do is go back to stock OEM or something like BMC where it's similar to stock only you can clean it as opposed to having to replace it when it gets dirty.

Just my $.02. Otherwise you've got good mods coming up for your bike. Not sure if you've done projector retrofitting, but it can be quite a handful if you haven't done it before. Dad and I retrofitted projectors to my bike and holy HELL was that a hassle!
    They actually do add to performance, but not really something you'll notice a lot.

Although your view on less filtering is quite false (no offense intended ) , aftermarket filters such as K&N just have differnt shape designs that have larger surface areas for the air to pass trough, whilst keeping the same and sometimes even smaller micron filtration value.
    Proud owned of a Blue Pearl MLX:
    10",12",13",14",16" Toms
    22" Bassdrum
    and a marvelous 14x6.5 Pearl free-floating brass snare

5. Registered User

IMO it's the best gen. If your thinking about it make sure you ride one. It blows away the other bikes I have ridden. 96 cbr, 05 r6 , 01(?) cbr. Power band is prominent from 6500-12000. Around town it's nice I basically take to work and just cruising around town. It really has enough power wherever the engine is at it's not picky about gearing/speed.
    And I would also recommend the 750 over the 1k it has so much power I couldn't imagine having more but it's still a touch lighter and better handling. ( from what I hear).
    I've heard they're a sort of love it or hate it bike, so I'll definitely be test riding one before I think about buying. At the moment I'm leaning towards a 636 because that's been my dream bike for a while and I'm also looking at a Triumph Daytona 675. It's going to be a hard decision! I also want an unmodded bike so it's a blank canvas to do everything myself

6. Dead By Night

Back together with the fresh motor and running strong!

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ChopperScott View Post
    Back together with the fresh motor and running strong!
    Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    in its most simplistic terms, snare's cannot be played "All the time". They need their sleep too!, thus the snare bed........... :D
    my sessions (work in progress)
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...n-custom-maple

looking for: anything satin

8. kottonmouth king

new add-ons

Vane and Hines short shots
    cobra powerflo intake
    cobra highway bar
    scootworks 2" risers
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Smudge got her stitches out and so had to have a collar attached tofday." -Maark

9. The Moondogs

It was my birthday a few days ago and my wife and I went out for breakfast. We stopped at the bike shop because she wanted to look for some boots. This is what we left with.

I've always wanted one and i'm anxious to ride it.

Donovan: If he (Paul McCartney) fell on the piano, by the time he picked himself up he would have written three songs.

10. Dead By Night

She wanted boots. You got a bike. Excellent!

11. life start at 125bpm

woow.that's quite the Honda couch with the back up gear , sound system and all the twists and whistles.congrat ,that's a highway eater right there.

after years of the bests rocketships from japan i'm now aiming at the german's one. probably for next summer.

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

12. Registered User

Here's my Little Baby:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  123.2 KB

Suzuki SV 1000 (2004)

Specs:

- Scorpion "Titanium Flame" Exhaust
    - BMC-Airfilter
    - Dynojet Power Commander III USB