Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190
Results 2,269 to 2,271 of 2271
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I just checked all of my Pearl snare drums, to see if I could find a SR-017 with that clear tube. I thought I had SR-017s on several of my snares. However I now remember I replaced all but one with the SR-150 click lock.
    Indeed. I sort of figured that but expected you would probably know what I was talking about anyway

Thanks quicksticks. If I remove it I won't put tube back on. It's hideous and should never have been designed that way in the first place. I will think on it.

Hope you guys don't mind random queries in threads like this. When it's a quick fix/response I supposed it is better than starting a whole new thread..?
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    Indeed. I sort of figured that but expected you would probably know what I was talking about anyway

Thanks quicksticks. If I remove it I won't put tube back on. It's hideous and should never have been designed that way in the first place. I will think on it.

Hope you guys don't mind random queries in threads like this. When it's a quick fix/response I supposed it is better than starting a whole new thread..?
    Not at all... I just haven't tinkered with any of Pearl snare drums in a while. I think you should try to replace that part, not simply remove it. You might get noice when you hit the drum with authority. That piece is there for a reason. Just my opinion.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post

Vinyl tubing comes in black as well. That might be an option. It looks like Pearl stopped using clear tubing and replaced it with black, probably for the reasons you described.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals