Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 190 of 192 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192 LastLast
Results 2,269 to 2,280 of 2294
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I just checked all of my Pearl snare drums, to see if I could find a SR-017 with that clear tube. I thought I had SR-017s on several of my snares. However I now remember I replaced all but one with the SR-150 click lock.
    Indeed. I sort of figured that but expected you would probably know what I was talking about anyway

Thanks quicksticks. If I remove it I won't put tube back on. It's hideous and should never have been designed that way in the first place. I will think on it.

Hope you guys don't mind random queries in threads like this. When it's a quick fix/response I supposed it is better than starting a whole new thread..?
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    Indeed. I sort of figured that but expected you would probably know what I was talking about anyway

Thanks quicksticks. If I remove it I won't put tube back on. It's hideous and should never have been designed that way in the first place. I will think on it.

Hope you guys don't mind random queries in threads like this. When it's a quick fix/response I supposed it is better than starting a whole new thread..?
    Not at all... I just haven't tinkered with any of Pearl snare drums in a while. I think you should try to replace that part, not simply remove it. You might get noice when you hit the drum with authority. That piece is there for a reason. Just my opinion.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post

Vinyl tubing comes in black as well. That might be an option. It looks like Pearl stopped using clear tubing and replaced it with black, probably for the reasons you described.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

4. KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I actually removed fingerprints, inside and outside the shell. They clean them up before shipping, but it's not always perfect.

The next couple I have on order are definitely special... both one-of-a-kind. I will post pics once they arrive.
    Any updates as to when the new snare drums will arrive?
    Drum Workshop 6 Piece Collectors Series in Ruby Glass
    Various Snares
    Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
    Motion Pro Throne

Roland TD 50 KV
    Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
    Ahead Spinal Glide Throne

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Up2Speed View Post
    Any updates as to when the new snare drums will arrive?
    I'm waiting on four different drums now, two completely custom drums, and two completely stock. Three different metal shells, and one purdy hybrid wood shell. I'll post pics once they're here and ready.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

6. Playing since 1976

Here's a pretty drum... it's a DW Collector's Series Cherry/Mahogany 5.5x14 snare. It has a fully finished interior, which is rare for DW... John Good told me years ago that he didn't like putting any finish on wood shell interiors... but I suppose there are always exceptions, and times change.

Name:  dwcme614badgetruehoopsmall.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  72.7 KB

Name:  dwcme614edgepliessmall.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  22.8 KB

Name:  dwcme614front2small.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  dwcme614shellstickersmall.jpg
Size:  64.2 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

7. Playing since 1976

Default ... and some more pics.

Name:  dwcme614frontrightsmall.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  68.6 KB

Name:  dwcme6143pbuttsmall.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  68.3 KB

Name:  dwcme614underdrumsmall.jpg
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  dwcme614frontsmall.jpg
Size:  71.2 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. life start at 125bpm

awwwoaw. awesome rediish color. cherry-mahogany...i suppose it must displays a warm tone. beautyfull.

i love my sr-1000 throw off for the mechanical sturdiness,but i must say that i also love the minimalist look of the DW throw off on this snare. while i'm not a fan of flanged hoops,the DW ones looks like solid compared to some other brands....
    Last edited by rollracer; 02-10-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

9. Registered User

That's pretty Matt! DW sure puts out a very nice product! I'm kind of curious if a lacquered inner shell finish makes the drum have a brighter sound?

10. Chomp, Chomp

I like the combination of cherry and mahogany, and the finished interior is classy.

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    awwwoaw. awesome rediish color. cherry-mahogany...i suppose it must displays a warm tone. beautyfull.

i love my sr-1000 throw off for the mechanical sturdiness,but i must say that i also love the minimalist look of the DW throw off on this snare. while i'm not a fan of flanged hoops,the DW ones looks like solid compared to some other brands....
    The DW Mag strainer is simple and smooth. It uses a magnet to lock everything in place, hence the name. I’m usually not a fan of the clamshell / Gladstone style strainers, but the DW Mag is an exception. It’s one of my favorites. Also, you can adjust the snare tension with a knob or a drum key. Nice design.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

11. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post

DW True Hoops, according to Gene Okamoto, are stronger than Pearl's Mastercast hoops. They are 3.0mm steel, with a really nice chrome finish.

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    That's pretty Matt! DW sure puts out a very nice product! I'm kind of curious if a lacquered inner shell finish makes the drum have a brighter sound?
    Thanks! It definitely has sustain... however I'm running a Genera Dry batter, because I like the more controlled sound in recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    I like the combination of cherry and mahogany, and the finished interior is classy. The DW Mag strainer is simple and smooth. It uses a magnet to lock everything in place, hence the name. I’m usually not a fan of the clamshell / Gladstone style strainers, but the DW Mag is an exception. It’s one of my favorites. Also, you can adjust the snare tension with a knob or a drum key. Nice design.
    Thanks Marv. I agree on the Mag Throw Off. The SR-1000 is fine, and locks into place nicely, but it is not as easy to adjust as the Mag.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

12. NO KIT TOO BIG

Beautiful addition once again D4L.

On a side note, I had no idea that finished interiors were rare, my only DW snare (the R40 ICON) has a pristine inner lacquer on the Romanian River Oak.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!