Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 123 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,465 to 1,476 of 1528
  1. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Besides the issue we talked about, what else did you have a problem with?
    I'll email you
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

2. Registered User

Woops I meant Master Cast not Super Hoops.

It must be very ringy now I guess? They're resonant to begin with so I assume yours will be extra...
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    Woops I meant Master Cast not Super Hoops.

It must be very ringy now I guess? They're resonant to begin with so I assume yours will be extra...
    The resonance on the Oriollo snare drums is more of a tone instead of and odd twang. It's like a welcome overtone, as opposed to one you'd like to eliminate.

4. Reborn From Ashes

Do the T-rod flange bits on those hoops feel solid? They look like they are simply welded in place around the bottom edge of the hoop. I'd be concerned about a cantilever-loaded weld like that when cranking a snare head up.

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Do the T-rod flange bits on those hoops feel solid? They look like they are simply welded in place around the bottom edge of the hoop. I'd be concerned about a cantilever-loaded weld like that when cranking a snare head up.
    Yes, I'm surprised at how solid the hoops feel, however this snare would never be my choice if I needed to crank one up. I have so many other snares that are "made" to crank! I planned this drum to play low and fat.

6. Life start at 125 metro-click

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Yes, I'm surprised at how solid the hoops feel, however this snare would never be my choice if I needed to crank one up. I have so many other snares that are "made" to crank! I planned this drum to play low and fat.
    do you think the hoops are as soft as the triple flange superhoops 2 ?

that's what my ultracast had when i got it, the hoops were bent at the screws levels and impossible to crank. i figure they can't support higher tuning in the long run. at the end i replaced em with worldmax black nickel.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    do you think the hoops are as soft as the triple flange superhoops 2 ?

that's what my ultracast had when i got it, the hoops were bent at the screws levels and impossible to crank. i figure they can't support higher tuning in the long run. at the end i replaced em with worldmax black nickel.
    I don't know Nelson? I haven't spent enough time with the Angel hoops. As far as Superhoops go, I never had an issue with cranking them. For recording, there's no super high pitch snare sound I'd shoot for. When I crank up my Ultracast, the hoops seem to be unbothered at higher tensions.

8. Chomp, Chomp

Matt, I really like how the shell came out. I'm not a big fan of the hoops however. I'm surprised you went with an 8 lug snare. Was it because of weight? Certainly two tube lugs and four tension rods couldn't add that much weight. This VK drum was advertised in Modern Drummer a couple of months ago. It's all titanium; shell, lugs, hoops, tension rods. I really like it, but I just can't wrap myself around those hoops.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by quicksticks; 01-06-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Matt, I really like how the shell came out. I'm not a big fan of the hoops however. I'm surprised you went with an 8 lug snare. Was it because of weight? Certainly two tube lugs and four tension rods couldn't add that much weight. This VK drum was advertised in Modern Drummer a couple of months ago. It's all titanium; shell, lugs, hoops, tension rods. I really like it, but I just can't wrap myself around those hoops.
    I am battling with the drum head bar code stickers in a promo shot... What the...?
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

10. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    I know what you mean Marv. I normally go with 10 lug snare drums. Vukan strongly suggested the 8-lug configuration with the aluminum shell. Since I already had the Mangana steel shell in 10 lug, I thought I'd go with his suggestion. I was planning to tune this drum low to medium, going for a fat sound. I like steady's new VK snare, but I'm not a fan of that model.

11. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    I am battling with the drum head bar code stickers in a promo shot... What the...?
    I don't get the huge badge... it spans the entire height of the shell. Check out steady's, it's much more elegant.

12. No Drum on Shabbas!!

Matt... did you add the tube lugs yourself... or did they come with the snare?? If I ever get around to getting a bell brass snare from them, I want those tube lugs. Only thing is... would I get the snare in 14x6.5 or 14x8?

I'M NOT GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN!!! DO NOT CUT DOWN YOUR TOMS!!!