Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 122 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,453 to 1,464 of 1943
  1. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

that is very simple, clean, and beautiful.

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    that is very simple, clean, and beautiful.
    Thank you! Simple, clean, beautiful, and light! It only weighs 2570g, or just shy of 5 2/3 lbs, completely assembled.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Registered User

That is really really nice. An excellent improvement in my humble opinion. I actually prefer the shape of the Super Hoops but they still look awesome and the difference to the conventional typical cast hoops isn't a bad thing. Did you test it with any other hoops separately?
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

4. Registered User

That's a beauty Matt! Looks stunning, I like the touch where the snare straps are the same color as the badge, really stands out! Those hoops look very nice too, classic yet modern at the same time.

5. life start at 125bpm

your new alu oriollo is gorgeous . class.pure class.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

6. Registered User

Elegant.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented 12, 16, 22, 7x14
    Tama Star bubinga (dark green cordia) 10, 12, 16, 22, 6x13
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic) 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22, 5x14
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) 13, 16, 24, 6.5x14

7. Experienced Noob

Wow, Matt, that sandblasted finish looks awesome. I don 't need another aluminum snare, nor have I wanted one, but that really makes me think. I've been considering buying an Oriollo snare pretty much since they started posting here but don't like their hardware at all. Were you able to buy just the shell or did it come with all their usual hardware & you replaced it?

NOTE: Sorry if that was already stated earlier in the thread - I didn't go through all prior posts.

8. J-Con

Great looking snare Matt! I also like what you did with the red straps. Sharp!

9. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    That is really really nice. An excellent improvement in my humble opinion. I actually prefer the shape of the Super Hoops but they still look awesome and the difference to the conventional typical cast hoops isn't a bad thing. Did you test it with any other hoops separately?
    Thanks Matt. I didn't test this drum with any other hoops. From the beginning, I planned it to be an [almost] all aluminum drum... at least the shell and hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    That's a beauty Matt! Looks stunning, I like the touch where the snare straps are the same color as the badge, really stands out! Those hoops look very nice too, classic yet modern at the same time.
    Thanks LD! I just happened to have the red grosgrain... because I like red. It looks simple and industrial to me, which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    your new alu oriollo is gorgeous . class.pure class.
    Thanks Nelson!

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Elegant.
    Thanks steady!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Wow, Matt, that sandblasted finish looks awesome. I don 't need another aluminum snare, nor have I wanted one, but that really makes me think. I've been considering buying an Oriollo snare pretty much since they started posting here but don't like their hardware at all. Were you able to buy just the shell or did it come with all their usual hardware & you replaced it?

NOTE: Sorry if that was already stated earlier in the thread - I didn't go through all prior posts.
    The sandblasting was done by my local powder coater. Oriollo doesn't offer that. I had to buy all the parts, so it's not very cost effective. This is it for me... I wanted to get a couple Oriollos... and they are both very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Great looking snare Matt! I also like what you did with the red straps. Sharp!
    Thanks Tasty! There were a bunch of little technical difficulties that stood in the way of completing this drum, but luckily, I got past all of them
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

10. PDF Bashing Team Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Feathers in resin
    I'd play it

Slick Snare Drum
    That's a gorgeous looking snare drum. I like that you matched the ribbon to the badge, pulls it all together. Your exacting standards really show through in the finished product.

11. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    That's a gorgeous looking snare drum. I like that you matched the ribbon to the badge, pulls it all together. Your exacting standards really show through in the finished product.
    Thanks Feenix. I ran into several bumps in the road to finishing this drum... but I'm glad I completed it, and ultimately didn't have to compromise anything.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

12. J-Con

Thanks Feenix. I ran into several bumps in the road to finishing this drum... but I'm glad I completed it, and ultimately didn't have to compromise anything.
    Besides the issue we talked about, what else did you have a problem with?