Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 160 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Playing since 1976

Default D4L's - Snare Drum Collection - Plenty of Photos and Specs!

This thread is dedicated to my collection of Pearl snare drums. If you want to see a brief summary of these fine instruments, you can see them at this web page:

D4L's Pearl Snare Collection

However, here you will find more pics and more detailed information about each drum!

I will start with a one-of-a-kind behemoth! I can't believe the sound of this drum. It is deep yet cutting and warm yet articulate. Here are the specs:

14x6.5 Pearl Masterworks Artisan
    Black Burst to Natural Bubinga Finish
    20-ply (1 outer ply of bubinga, 9 middle plies of maple, 10 inner plies of African mahogany)
    All Black Hardware
    STL-65 lugs
    Mastercast Hoops
    SR-300 Multi-Timbre Strainer (3 separate sets of mini snare wires with 3 different throw-offs and 3 different tension settings)
    Stainless Steel tension rods
    Remo Clear CS Black Dot batter head, Remo Clear Ambassador snare side head
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Drumming-4-Life; 03-26-2015 at 09:05 PM.
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS AND/OR SELLING THE BLACK HARDWARE ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. MESSAGE ME WITH ANY OFFERS.

My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE

2. Playing since 1976

Default 3 more pics of the MWA1465S/B!

Just a few more pics...
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS AND/OR SELLING THE BLACK HARDWARE ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. MESSAGE ME WITH ANY OFFERS.

3. Playing since 1976

Default Another Masterworks Snare!

This is a second Masterworks snare that I consider to be more traditional, and a little less over-the-top. It is perfect for almost any kind of music. The specs are:

14x5.5 Pearl Masterworks Artisan
    Black Burst to Natural Bubinga Finish
    10-ply (1 outer ply of bubinga, 5 middle plies of maple, 4 inner plies of African mahogany)
    All Black Hardware
    STL-55L lugs
    Mastercast Hoops
    SR-1000 Strainer (standard equipment on Reference and Reference Pure snare drums)
    Remo Clear CS Black Dot batter head, Remo Clear Ambassador snare side head
    Last edited by Drumming-4-Life; 11-18-2012 at 04:21 PM.

4. Playing since 1976

Default Another snare you WON'T SEE at your local drum store...

This is one of my favorite sounding snares. Obviously it sounds like a metal snare drum, but it is not nearly as harsh as a steel or brass shell drum. The last pic shows some other metal-shelled snares that will be featured soon. Here are the specs:

14x6.5 Pearl Copper Free-Floating Snare Drum
    Copper Shell
    All Black Hardware
    Mastercast Hoops
    SR-1000 Strainer
    Remo Coated Ambassador OR any of a variety of Remo Coated batter heads, Remo Clear Ambassador snare side head
    Last edited by Drumming-4-Life; 11-18-2012 at 02:51 PM.

5. Playing since 1976

Default Another free-floater...

Although the badge on the maple shell is older, I just got the shell for this snare in October, 2012. The first shell I got from Pearl had some unusual markings on the inside of the shell (that didn't look like natural wood), so they searched for a cleaner shell, and found this one. The finish is perfect inside and out of this shell, and I actually dig the badge! Here are the specs:

14x6.5 Pearl Free-Floating Maple Snare Drum
    Maple Shell
    All Black Hardware
    Mastercast Hoops
    SR-1000 Strainer
    Remo Coated Ambassador OR any of a variety of Remo Coated batter heads, Remo Clear Ambassador snare side head

6. Playing since 1976

Thumbs up Last one for now... much more to come later

I always wanted an Ultracast snare. To me, it seems to be the epitome of precision and craftsmanship... and when you look closer, that is only confirmed. Here are the specs:

14x6.5 Pearl Ultracast Snare Drum
    3mm Cast Aluminum Shell
    All Black Hardware
    TB-65 Classic Tube Lugs
    Superhoop II 2.3mm Triple-Flange Hoops
    SR-1000 Strainer

7. Away From The World

You done..? Very nice sir, the Artisan is stunning.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

8. Playing since 1976

Yes LOL... I will wait to put some more up tomorrow or the next day. Eventually, I will have them all up here. For now, I will just post them in waves. Thanks Mike!

The MW 14x6.5 tuned up to easily. I only tuned it by feel, and when I started tapping it... it sounded wonderful. Imaging when I get my tune-bot on that baby!

9. I'm actually sane

That behemoth. She's so beautiful!
    SAManiac's kit is really freaking cool If I do say so myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by nik12 View Post
    Any posts that need to declare themselves as "full of win" are clearly devoid of win.

10. Playing since 1976

Thank you very much. I wanted something crazy special... and the MWA1465S/B is just that. I just set it up today with a plain Mastercast snare side hoop (instead of the factory hoop with guards), and it works perfectly fine. I'm glad, because the guards prevent me from placing it on a stand the way I am comfortable placing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    That behemoth. She's so beautiful!

11. A Passion Play ...

Looks AWESOME as usual Matt !!!
    Very happy for you my Brother.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Icon 501. Masters MCX Chestnut Fade
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

12. Playing since 1976

Thanks Eric! I just had a great idea - a 20-ply snare in Chestnut Fade finish! That would be killer!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Looks AWESOME as usual Matt !!!
    Very happy for you my Brother.