Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 198 of 198 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198
Results 2,365 to 2,374 of 2374
  1. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

That snare drum is gorgeous. I've always wanted a copper snare drum. And that one is just my size, too.

Quote Originally Posted by opus138 View Post
    Good news. Again, if you happen to have a day or night in denver, give me a little advance notice and beer/food's on me.
    I'll have to remember that next time I'm in Golden at the School of Mines.

2. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Thank you very much. When we make plans for next year, I will tell you when we'll be in Breck. Maybe we could take a few runs down from the Colorado or Rocky Mountain Superchair, so you could give me some additional tips on how to retain all of my limbs
    Excellent. I can't say I've ever skied at Breckenridge, but I understand it's great. As for hints...

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    That snare drum is gorgeous. I've always wanted a copper snare drum. And that one is just my size, too.
    Ditto all around

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    I'll have to remember that next time I'm in Golden at the School of Mines.
    Please do. I'm only a half hour out of Golden and would gladly extend the same offer*.

* limit to two beers and a reasonably priced meal
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

| TAMA STARCLASSIC MAPLE | SABIAN & MEINL CYMBALS |

Former Pearl Customer

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by opus138 View Post
    Excellent. I can't say I've ever skied at Breckenridge, but I understand it's great. As for hints...

Ditto all around

Please do. I'm only a half hour out of Golden and would gladly extend the same offer*.

* limit to two beers and a reasonably priced meal
    LOL on all accounts here!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. Playing since 1976

I was re-heading, tuning, and playing these puppies today... they all sound great!

Name:  sok655asmall.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  tamast1455c3small.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  lgm137sta1small.jpg
Size:  70.6 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I was re-heading, tuning, and playing these puppies today... they all sound great!

Name:  sok655asmall.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  tamast1455c3small.jpg
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  lgm137sta1small.jpg
Size:  70.6 KB
    Curious. You said most of these drums are sitting in cases. Why the need to re-head them?

6. NO KIT TOO BIG

Funny you should post that, was using one of the SLP 13" G-Maple's in a studio earlier today, just one of the house drums, cranked up it sounded incredible. Definitely an SLP on my radar as the next snare, though probably the Fat Spruce, Studio Maple.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

7. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Funny you should post that, was using one of the SLP 13" G-Maple's in a studio earlier today, just one of the house drums, cranked up it sounded incredible. Definitely an SLP on my radar as the next snare, though probably the Fat Spruce, Studio Maple.
    Iíve been intrigued by the SLP line since its inception, so much so that I own four. The G Bubinga has been upgraded to black nickel die cast hoops thanks to Matt.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

8. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Curious. You said most of these drums are sitting in cases. Why the need to re-head them?
    I play drums every day. All of my snare drums get played. The stock batter head for Tama is typically a Evans coated G1, which is occasionally to my liking, but not most of the time. Most of the time, I change the batter to a coated Genera, coated Power Center Reverse Dot, UV1, or Genera Dry.

I have a 7x13 G-Maple for sale, and a very pretty Fat Spruce shell (only). Out of all the ones you mentioned, I would definitely get a fat spruce when you get a chance... it is a beautiful, great-sounding drum!

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    I’ve been intrigued by the SLP line since its inception, so much so that I own four. The G Bubinga has been upgraded to black nickel die cast hoops thanks to Matt.
    Your snare drum collection is exceptional Marv. I like every one in the bunch. That fat spruce kit is gorgeous!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

9. a.k.a. YtseJam

Actually that's what I love about 13" snares - you really don't need to crank them in order to make them sound tight and high, and you don't have to deal with the tabletop response of a cranked snare, which I really don't like.

10. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    Actually that's what I love about 13" snares - you really don't need to crank them in order to make them sound tight and high, and you don't have to deal with the tabletop response of a cranked snare, which I really don't like.
    Speaking of 13" snares, here is another one I just had out... a DW 5x13 cast aluminum Collector's Series... a really nice drum.

Name:  dw5x13castalum1small.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  60.6 KB

I was also re-installing the snare wires on a couple juicy Gretsch drums... both with 5/8" grosgrain. Gretsch makes some nice instruments as well.

Name:  s16514bsh1small.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  70.5 KB

Name:  g4164sat4small.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  59.8 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE