Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184
Results 2,197 to 2,208 of 2208
  1. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    That's why I was wondering.

    I would think with mahogany on the interior, you don't want it to have a shiny finish.
    I never owned a drum with "shiny" finish on the insides of the shells.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  2. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,165

    Default Time-Capsule Condition Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Snare...

    I've been watching out for these in the used market for quite sometime, and you don't see this very often. Someone NEVER played this drum... now it has a new home, and WILL get played for sure! This is a long-discontinued Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Nouveau 5.5x14 snare drum. It was in the original Yamaha packaging, complete with it's aluminum diecast hoops. She's a real looker. I decided to let my maple version go, as I have plenty of maple snare drums, but only one other birch snare (Tama Artwood).

    On with the pics...

    Name:  bsd0545hy1small.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  69.6 KB

    Name:  bsd0545hy3small.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  66.9 KB

    Name:  bsd0545hy5small.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  62.3 KB

    Name:  bsd0545hy6small.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  62.4 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    I love birch for snares and toms. Keep your eyes peeled for an SClassix 5x14. One of my favorite ply snares ever.


    Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

  4. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    I love birch for snares and toms. Keep your eyes peeled for an SClassix 5x14. One of my favorite ply snares ever.
    They don't appear to be easy to find... I will add an automated search to my list.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  5. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    10,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I've been watching out for these in the used market for quite sometime, and you don't see this very often. Someone NEVER played this drum... now it has a new home, and WILL get played for sure! This is a long-discontinued Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Nouveau 5.5x14 snare drum. It was in the original Yamaha packaging, complete with it's aluminum diecast hoops. She's a real looker. I decided to let my maple version go, as I have plenty of maple snare drums, but only one other birch snare (Tama Artwood).

    On with the pics...

    Name:  bsd0545hy1small.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  69.6 KB

    Name:  bsd0545hy3small.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  66.9 KB

    Name:  bsd0545hy5small.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  62.3 KB

    Name:  bsd0545hy6small.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  62.4 KB
    pffff...again!!

    damn,where is my oxygene supply
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

  6. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    pffff...again!!

    damn,where is my oxygene supply
    I needed oxygen when I cranked it up and gave it a whack! Whew! Lots of character and crack.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  7. A Passion Play ...

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sacramento CA.
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    Sweet score Matt.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

  8. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Sweet score Matt.
    Thanks Eric. How are you doing?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    They don't appear to be easy to find... I will add an automated search to my list.
    Oddly enough that series struggled to gain any kind of following and didn't last. They weren't cheap by any means but easily in the range and maybe more affordable than BCAN or RC kits. Yamaha makes phenomenal birch drums and so does SONOR. I found those shells (sq2 thin birch equivalent) to be fantastic, the snares especially. The only available finishes were either Alpi or wraps, I had a "Rosewood" kit and it looked great. The snares though, were exceptional. I've seen and played them with both cast and triple flanged hoops and they sound great either way. I like triple flanged for woods like birch, that are naturally a bit controlled but you can't go wrong in my opinion. My only complaint is that the stock strainer on the classix is a little flimsy.


    Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

  10. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,437

    Default

    Such a good looking snare!

    I've always been curious about those lugs on a snare though... how well do they seem to hold up with the higher tension?

  11. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Such a good looking snare!

    I've always been curious about those lugs on a snare though... how well do they seem to hold up with the higher tension?
    They work just fine when you crank them up. However, I would not leave this drum cranked for long periods of time, for example while storing. When I play this drum, I will keep it at a medium tuning, and it will be just fine.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Another sweet looking snare in that collection of yours!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •