Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 187 of 190 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190 LastLast
Results 2,233 to 2,244 of 2271
  1. a.k.a. YtseJam

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Oh it happened, and you get pics about 6 months earlier than Dale's estimate
    Thanks! Looks great and I'm glad you ditched the center crash.

2. life start at 125bpm

Thanks Nelson, you're too kind!
    it's the truth.

i don't recall seeing a kit that instilled this thought in decades. cigar scott owns a very,veri nice kit, jeff wald red masterwork with gold hardware would be my second choice......but yours definitely takes the win as the '''nicest one''' for the materiel (bubinga),the color-finish, the choice of the drums you assembled, the set up........yep,nicest kit in the world by couple lenghts i would say.

did you moved your ride closer to the center? it now looks more ''''at reach''' if it make sens. for the kind of music ***we*** play, ***we*** need the ride close to the action,meaning close to my hats sort of.definitely not far right like some does....while it may goes with the music style. sometimes shifting from the hats to the ride has to be done quick,so having the ride closer to the center of the kit make more sens.
    Last edited by rollracer; 12-22-2018 at 07:52 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    it's the truth.

i don't recall seeing a kit that instilled this thought in decades. cigar scott owns a very,veri nice kit, jeff wald red masterwork with gold hardware would be my second choice......but yours definitely takes the win as the '''nicest one''' for the materiel (bubinga),the color-finish, the choice of the drums you assembled, the set up........yep,nicest kit in the world by couple lenghts i would say.

did you moved your ride closer to the center? it now looks more ''''at reach''' if it make sens. for the kind of music ***we*** play, ***we*** need the ride close to the action,meaning close to my hats sort of.definitely not far right like some does....while it may goes with the music style. sometimes shifting from the hats to the ride has to be done quick,so having the ride closer to the center of the kit make more sens.
    Thanks again Nelson! Yes, I switched the positions of my ride, and the large (main) crash. I was having trouble reaching the bell without getting tangled up with other cymbals. Now the bell is right out in front, and so is the rest of the ride cymbal. I also changed back to my trusty old Zildjian K Custom ride, for the next tune I'm going to tackle. Let's just say the "ping" that I get out of this ride is perfect for the classic song I'm fixin' to cover.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. Registered User

I also changed back to my trusty old Zildjian K Custom ride, for the next tune I'm going to tackle. Let's just say the "ping" that I get out of this ride is perfect for the classic song I'm fixin' to cover.

I have one of those K custom rides too. Many consider it the best all around Zildjian ride.
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    it's the truth.

Cheque is in the mail.

6. Registered User

Seriously, that is a beautiful kit Matt! And that snare drum collection...wow!

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Seriously, that is a beautiful kit Matt! And that snare drum collection...wow!
    Thanks again TM... both the kit and snare collection are works in progress, and I really enjoy spending time on both!

8. Playing since 1976

I got this little gem a couple weeks ago... broke it down to see just how nice it really is. Going back together later, with new heads and modified wires... this baby is going to CRACK!

Name:  dwbronzeshellsmall.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  dwbronzeshellstickerHQsmall.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  dwbronzeshellmagthrowsmall.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  59.0 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

9. Registered User

Holy cow! That is gorgeous! I hope you insure your collection of SD's. Love to hear a sound sample of that baby!

10. NO KIT TOO BIG

I got this little gem a couple weeks ago... broke it down to see just how nice it really is. Going back together later, with new heads and modified wires... this baby is going to CRACK!

Name:  dwbronzeshellsmall.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  dwbronzeshellstickerHQsmall.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  dwbronzeshellmagthrowsmall.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  59.0 KB
    Sweeeeet!!!
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

11. Chomp, Chomp

That shell is beautiful inside and out. Nothing like the Acrophonics we bought that had filthy interiors. I like the label as well. It’s hard to read but I got the idea. The Mag strainer is my favorite of the Gladstone style.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

12. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Sweeeeet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Holy cow! That is gorgeous! I hope you insure your collection of SD's. Love to hear a sound sample of that baby!
    Thanks guys... yep... they're covered

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    That shell is beautiful inside and out. Nothing like the Acrophonics we bought that had filthy interiors. I like the label as well. It’s hard to read but I got the idea. The Mag strainer is my favorite of the Gladstone style.
    Thanks Marv... yes I remember. Also... all the globs of grease all over... I get it... protect the threads! Hahaha
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE