Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

I was unaware they were marketing cymbalvote cymbals already.

Who'd you have to black-mail to be able to snag one?
    Currently looking for:

(used) PCX-100's
    (used) CH2000's.
    (used) DR501C - curved icon.

//\\(,,;._.;,,)//\\ Eek, I'm a spider!

2. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by dollaXdrummer
    I was unaware they were marketing cymbalvote cymbals already.

Who'd you have to black-mail to be able to snag one?
    lol, nobody. In an effort to help promote a new drum shop, Sabian let Resurrection Drums keep the prototypes and sell them. I saw it on eBay and contacted them immediately. I only wish I could've snagged the rbdr before it was purchased.
    DW Drums | DW Hardware | Sabian | Pro-Mark | Evans Drumheads

3. Brick Tamland

Quote Originally Posted by drumminjc View Post
    lol, nobody. In an effort to help promote a new drum shop, Sabian let Resurrection Drums keep the prototypes and sell them. I saw it on eBay and contacted them immediately. I only wish I could've snagged the rbdr before it was purchased.
    If you would've got that... I can't express how jealous I'd be. Obviously, I didn't win one with the drawing, so my luck is shot. I just hope it got voted into production!!
    I love when my cymbals talk dirty to me.
    Tama Swingstar
    My Ocean Sparkle Kit
    My Ebay
    Currently After: 8x7, 16x13, & 20x18 MMX Ocean Sparkle w/ Satin Hardware - Please PM if you found some!!

4. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by THSdrummer

If you would've got that... I can't express how jealous I'd be. Obviously, I didn't win one with the drawing, so my luck is shot. I just hope it got voted into production!!
    lol, that thing sold for $585. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. If it got voted into production, its probably going to be a bank breaker.

5. Pearl Masters Drummer

Not much left to say drumminjc!!! Those are sick man. I have never owned an artisan series cymbal but they sound great from your soundcloud files. The artisan ozone is really really sweet. I want badly. Do you find those artisan cymbals to be darker than the HHX evolutions? Are they thin and open up easily like the evolutions?

Thanks---I need to look into those. Is it the hand hammering by the cymbal artisans at Sabian that make them so special? I need to go read up on them a bit LOL.

6. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8
    Not much left to say drumminjc!!! Those are sick man. I have never owned an artisan series cymbal but they sound great from your soundcloud files. The artisan ozone is really really sweet. I want badly. Do you find those artisan cymbals to be darker than the HHX evolutions? Are they thin and open up easily like the evolutions?

Thanks---I need to look into those. Is it the hand hammering by the cymbal artisans at Sabian that make them so special? I need to go read up on them a bit LOL.
    Thanks Jutt. The Artisans are definitely darker than the HHX Evos. They're not trashy like the Xtremes though. Just very smooth and dark. I would say they are medium thin to thin and open up very easily. They're great at any volume. What makes them special is the extensive hand hammering that each cymbal receives. They are crafted by different cymbalsmiths at Sabian which truly makes each cymbal produced unique. Definitely the best cymbals I've ever played/heard and definitely worth the investment IMO.

7. Pearl Masters Drummer

Thanks Jutt. The Artisans are definitely darker than the HHX Evos. They're not trashy like the Xtremes though. Just very smooth and dark. I would say they are medium thin to thin and open up very easily. They're great at any volume. What makes them special is the extensive hand hammering that each cymbal receives. They are crafted by different cymbalsmiths at Sabian which truly makes each cymbal produced unique. Definitely the best cymbals I've ever played/heard and definitely worth the investment IMO.
    thanks for the info drumminjc!!!

8. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8

thanks for the info drumminjc!!!
    Anytime!

9. Brick Tamland

lol, that thing sold for $585. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. If it got voted into production, its probably going to be a bank breaker.
    Exactly my thought when I was voting for it... Winning it from Cymbalvote was probably my best shot at getting my hands on one.
    Tama Swingstar
    My Ocean Sparkle Kit
    My Ebay
    Currently After: 8x7, 16x13, & 20x18 MMX Ocean Sparkle w/ Satin Hardware - Please PM if you found some!!

10. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by THSdrummer

Exactly my thought when I was voting for it... Winning it from Cymbalvote was probably my best shot at getting my hands on one.
    Or, you could always trade/sell some gear to get one.

11. Brick Tamland

Or, you could always trade/sell some gear to get one.
    I wouldn't have much left! Well, I might be able to swing that. I just need to come into contact with a nice person who's not quite happy with one
    Tama Swingstar
    My Ocean Sparkle Kit
    My Ebay

12. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by THSdrummer View Post
    I wouldn't have much left! Well, I might be able to swing that. I just need to come into contact with a nice person who's not quite happy with one
    I saw an 18" Artisan crash on ebay going relatively cheap. $169 + 19.99 shipping with 1 bidder last time I checked. Might be able to score that one if you had the cash.