Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by drumminjc View Post
    Those are some awesome cymbals. I was fortunate enough to be able to test out a few. Can’t go wrong with the 16 and 18.

i've ben lucky to find an e--bay seller who lives 2 hours away from my place. yesterday i ordered 2 SR2 thin crashes,and made a deal for a BNI 18 AAX recording cymbal for very cheap. i could had sealed the deal for the recording unit,but i tought it was safer to wait for my SR2 order to show up before commiting for another 150cdn.....we never know, not that i don't have confidence in seller, but since it's the very first time i'm doin business with him, it's better to make sure he's honest .

now...he has a 18 artisan crash lightly used.he's willing to sell it to me for 180cdn...problem is,on the sabian website there's no sound sample,only a video of it, and i don't have any confidence in such videos since it's most of the time processed a little. but at the price he's willing to unload it, i tell myself that i could resell it for 180 $ and not loose a cent on it,so i'm probably goin to pull the trigger on it next week while doin the 18'' recording crash transaction
    Last edited by rollracer; 01-20-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i've ben lucky to find an e--bay seller who lives 2 hours away from my place. yesterday i ordered 2 SR2 thin crashes,and made a deal for a BNI 18 AAX recording cymbal for very cheap. i could had sealed the deal for the recording unit,but i tought it was safer to wait for my SR2 order to show up before commiting for another 150cdn.....we never know, not that i don't have confidence in seller, but since it's the very first time i'm doin business with him, it's better to make sure he's honest .

now...he has a 18 artisan crash lightly used.he's willing to sell it to me for 180cdn...problem is,on the sabian website there's no sound sample,only a video of it, and i don't have any confidence in such videos since it's most of the time processed a little. but at the price he's willing to unload it, i tell myself that i could resell it for 180 $ and not loose a cent on it,so i'm probably goin to pull the trigger on it next week while doin the 18'' recording crash transaction
    So glad my favourite cymbal sounds come from the inexpensive AAX line of cymbals. Hopefully that doesn't change any time soon.

3. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    So glad my favourite cymbal sounds come from the inexpensive AAX line of cymbals. Hopefully that doesn't change any time soon.
    550$ +_tx for the AAX metal crash.....370 for theAAX-plosion crash 18'' is by no means cheap. i know people pay even more for paist's and all that (which doesn't make any sens to me ) . but hey,we still speak of a puck of brass who 's been punched to form like a pie right?then the lathing and finition . being canada made, i can't justify stretching that kind of cash(400+) for aax's hhx's whatever . sabian had the 2 for 1 for years, i've benefited from it myself many years. curiously,seems like sabian dropped this annual promotion .bummer lol.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    550$ +_tx for the AAX metal crash.....370 for theAAX-plosion crash 18'' is by no means cheap. i know people pay even more for paist's and all that (which doesn't make any sens to me ) . but hey,we still speak of a puck of brass who 's been punched to form like a pie right?then the lathing and finition . being canada made, i can't justify stretching that kind of cash(400+) for aax's hhx's whatever . sabian had the 2 for 1 for years, i've benefited from it myself many years. curiously,seems like sabian dropped this annual promotion .bummer lol.
    Buddy. Not sure where you are buying your cymbals, but an AAX xplosion 18" is $250 at Long and Mcquade. Metal crash is $229.00.

5. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Buddy. Not sure where you are buying your cymbals, but an AAX xplosion 18" is $250 at Long and Mcquade. Metal crash is $229.00.
    ya..prices i've got were from amazon. while with tax added, L&M prices still edges the 300$ mark.

i'm just restarting buying cymbs.haven't been plagued with GAS since a good 5 years ; guess that with over 20 cymbs in file, i need more lol .

in this specific case , 5 years is more like 5 decades ; i'm stunned on how the price for pies has increased like in '''skyrocketed'''. the cymb selling for 250$ could be bought for WELL under 200$ not that long ago.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's