Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
  1. life start at 125bpm

i love the low ,dry pitch shimmering of this ride near the center .seems really controlable, yet it ''seems''' opens mediumly fast ....what strikes me is that i have an impression that this ride is quiet and doesn't project at all...

the fact it's low pitch, the shimmering effect when it opens doesn't take over the stick defenition,which is pretty cool considering the ride seems to open very easily the second you walk toward the center coming from the bell. perfect for jazz.

i love my HH RBDR exactly for the high -dry stick definition ,yet displaying a nice tone ,except the HH RBDR doesn't open as easy because it's a heavy weight . however, i really like your ride because all the aspects of this ride ''seems''' well balanced ,and i personally like better a darker-lower pitch when it comes to rides.
    Last edited by rollracer; 12-30-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by drumminjc View Post
    Update:

Video Demo is --------> HERE
    Oh yes...that is very nice! Great demo and a very sweet sounding ride! Thanks for sharing!

3. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i love the low ,dry pitch shimmering of this ride near the center .seems really controlable, yet it ''seems''' opens mediumly fast ....what strikes me is that i have an impression that this ride is quiet and doesn't project at all...

the fact it's low pitch, the shimmering effect when it opens doesn't take over the stick defenition,which is pretty cool considering the ride seems to open very easily the second you walk toward the center coming from the bell. perfect for jazz.

i love my HH RBDR exactly for the high -dry stick definition ,yet displaying a nice tone ,except the HH RBDR doesn't open as easy because it's a heavy weight . however, i really like your ride because all the aspects of this ride ''seems''' well balanced ,and i personally like better a darker-lower pitch when it comes to rides.
    Despite the recording, the ride is actually quite loud. It may not project nearly as much as an RBDR but I don't think it will have any trouble cutting through the mix. I plan to try a few covers using the ride soon just to see how well it records. Your description is very accurate as well. I've always been a fan of low-pitched cymbals which is why I am in love with the Artisan series. I've yet to play another Sabian that I like equally as much.

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Oh yes...that is very nice! Great demo and a very sweet sounding ride! Thanks for sharing!
    You're welcome! Thanks for checking it out!
    DW Drums | DW Hardware | Sabian | Pro-Mark | Evans Drumheads

4. Registered User

That's a very nice sounding cymbal! I love how the bell is very distinct and defined but doesn't overpower the rest of the cymbal. It is extremely well balanced! Congrats on a super nice cymbal!

5. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    That's a very nice sounding cymbal! I love how the bell is very distinct and defined but doesn't overpower the rest of the cymbal. It is extremely well balanced! Congrats on a super nice cymbal!
    Thank you!

6. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by drumminjc View Post
    Bump for a slight update. I recently sold the Artisan Prototype ride Sabian made for me due to a continuous quest to find a different sound for a ride cymbal. The latest replacement is below

Merry Christmas!
    Sweet ride jc, merry and happy days indeed!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

7. Registered User

Very nice, man!! Enjoy, and Happy New Year!

8. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Sweet ride jc, merry and happy days indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    Very nice, man!! Enjoy, and Happy New Year!
    Thanks guys! Happy New Year!

9. Registered User

I have had a few Artisans , currently own a 20” Artisan Light Ride that I sent back to get a Sound Control flange added and polished to a brilliant finish. I also have a 14” pair of Artisan Light hihats. I really like both.

I had a long chat with Kevin Laskey of Sabian and requested they make Artisan thin crashes and a Raw Bell Artisan ride. He said some new Artisan models are being introduced at NAMM

10. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by RickP View Post
    I have had a few Artisans , currently own a 20” Artisan Light Ride that I sent back to get a Sound Control flange added and polished to a brilliant finish. I also have a 14” pair of Artisan Light hihats. I really like both.

I had a long chat with Kevin Laskey of Sabian and requested they make Artisan thin crashes and a Raw Bell Artisan ride. He said some new Artisan models are being introduced at NAMM
    That's awesome! Can't wait to see what they're coming out with next.

11. life start at 125bpm

while at the store to buy some new skins, my fav vendor droves me in front of the sabian display to show me the AAX recording family's crashes....woaw. they sound great, very,very fast with a rich tone for such a high pitched cymbs.....my next target. i'm aiming at the 18 and 16
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

12. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    while at the store to buy some new skins, my fav vendor droves me in front of the sabian display to show me the AAX recording family's crashes....woaw. they sound great, very,very fast with a rich tone for such a high pitched cymbs.....my next target. i'm aiming at the 18 and 16
    Those are some awesome cymbals. I was fortunate enough to be able to test out a few. Can’t go wrong with the 16 and 18.