Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
  1. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    If you were waiting for cymbals to play, I feel like that wait is too long. BUT, since you have gorgeous cymbals to play already, then it's easy to get your mind off of it, and be "surprised" when it shows up. It's nice that Sabian is so willing to do custom work. Zildjian has done custom work for me, but denied or ignored some of my other requests.
    It generally depends on what is ordered and the hand hammered cymbals generally take a little longer.
    DW Drums | DW Hardware | Sabian | Pro-Mark | Evans Drumheads

2. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    I just had a custom pair of 15" hhx evo hats come in and it took about 3 weeks and no up charge. I know it's not like a prototype specialty cymbal, but I was surprised at the turn around. Love Sabian.
    that's a pretty good turnaround. I love them too. I've played Sabian cymbals my entire drumming career and have never been disappointed.

3. HERTA so good!

Bump for a slight update. I recently sold the Artisan Prototype ride Sabian made for me due to a continuous quest to find a different sound for a ride cymbal. The latest replacement is below

Merry Christmas!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

4. J-Con

Holy cow!!! That looks beautiful dude!

5. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Holy cow!!! That looks beautiful dude!
    . Thank you! The craftsmanship is truly a work of art.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by drumminjc View Post
    . Thank you! The craftsmanship is truly a work of art.
    Very nice! Are the Artisan Elite Sabian cymbals a light thin jazz type cymbal?

7. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    good question i'd asks myself. i'm interested by this series,just wondering what they're all about sonically speaking ...
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

8. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    good question i'd asks myself. i'm interested by this series,just wondering what they're all about sonically speaking ...
    Thanks TM! To answer the question, the Artisan Elite series is a limited range of dry, low-pitched rides and hi-hats. At the present time, you can only get 20 and 22 inch rides and 14 and 16 inch hats. I'm not sure if they're planning on expanding the line to add crashes or any effects cymbals. These cymbals incorporate some of the dry, dark qualities similar to the Big & Ugly line. Specifically, the Artisan Elite rides have wide, low-profile bells, which produce rich, deep tones that are well-integrated within the overall cymbal sound. The stick sound is deep and woody, and the sustain is dark but dry. They produce a full, breathy crash with a fairly muted sustain which is very nice. The 22" ride has a fundamentally lower pitch than the 20" version as well as a bit more wash making it more versatile. I've always preferred a 22" ride and this one certainly does not disappoint. I'd venture to say that it's the most musical sounding Artisan cymbal I own and I've pretty much got one of everything in the Artisan series lol.

I'll try an grab an audio clip this weekend and post it here as an update.

9. Registered User

Thanks TM! To answer the question, the Artisan Elite series is a limited range of dry, low-pitched rides and hi-hats. At the present time, you can only get 20 and 22 inch rides and 14 and 16 inch hats. I'm not sure if they're planning on expanding the line to add crashes or any effects cymbals. These cymbals incorporate some of the dry, dark qualities similar to the Big & Ugly line. Specifically, the Artisan Elite rides have wide, low-profile bells, which produce rich, deep tones that are well-integrated within the overall cymbal sound. The stick sound is deep and woody, and the sustain is dark but dry. They produce a full, breathy crash with a fairly muted sustain which is very nice. The 22" ride has a fundamentally lower pitch than the 20" version as well as a bit more wash making it more versatile. I've always preferred a 22" ride and this one certainly does not disappoint. I'd venture to say that it's the most musical sounding Artisan cymbal I own and I've pretty much got one of everything in the Artisan series lol.

Well informed description! Sounds like a wonderful series! Look forward to that audio clip and thanks for the info!

10. life start at 125bpm

the way you describes the sound of the artisan line,i know i would love it transposed to crashes.especially larger than 15's.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

11. HERTA so good!

Well informed description! Sounds like a wonderful series! Look forward to that audio clip and thanks for the info!
    It definitely is! Youíre welcome! Iíll try and get the clip ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    the way you describes the sound of the artisan line,i know i would love it transposed to crashes.especially larger than 15's.
    . You definitely would. Iím hopeful that theyíll expand the elite series and introduce some crashes. Not that I need anymore lol.

12. HERTA so good!

Update:

Video Demo is --------> HERE