Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Joinery apprentice

Default sonor signature bubinga

ive been chatting with a guy who has been wanting to sell his early 80's signature bubinga kit, sizes are 10x10, 12x12, 13x13, 14x14, 15x17, 16x18 with a 22x18 bass and 14x8 snare with all the original hardwear included. he's asking 7000 for the entire package. i would just like to hear other peoples opinions, some reveiws and maybe what others would value the kit at. he says its in pristine condition, saw a few pictures everything looks to be in emaculate condition.

2. Away From The World

Dont suppose you can get any pics to post?

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

3. Joinery apprentice

Here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images   

4. Unban nik12

Gimme just the snare.

Everything else is a bit too deep for me. I don't think that they're worth 7k, though.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

5. Tama Junkie

i have seen these drums personally i picked up a rogers floor tom of the guy about a month a ago. i offered him a 1000 lol..... he didn't take it. he also has all the stands and stuff. try and find some previous purchase history and compare what a new sonor kit of similar quality would cost. if you want a kit with Square toms i think this is about as good as it gets.

6. Joinery apprentice

I built the exact kit in the sq2 kit builder almost 13000 for no hardware I also found an eBay post exact kit same sizes just no snare or hardware for 2800 euros so that works out to be 3300 Canadian

7. Paiste-oholic

I have the 8" bubinga snare, which I like, but I think I would like it better if it had 10 lugs instead of 12 like my 8" Tama Bubinga. The 12 lugs kind of give it a marching drum sound. I'd like it a little better with a little more body and ring to it.

7k seems a little much for the set though. The snare sells in the $700-900 USD range, if it has the original die cast hoops I would expect it to sell on the high end of that. But at 7K, it seems about 2K too high, in my opinion. The sizes would make it hard to sell if you decide to do so, and only the outer- and inner-most plies are bubinga, the rest of the shell is beech:
    http://www.sonormuseum.com/1987/sign...signature.html

Do keep us posted, I wanted a set of these when I was a kid, and love the looks of them!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Joinery apprentice

yeah after i did some research found that out about them being a beech shell being that they are the heavy shell rather than the light wich were birch and your estimate on the price is kinda what i was thinking. i saw on ebay a snare for about 900 and a bass for 700 and i was thinking about 6 for each floors and 500 for each tom. im not going to lie im a fan of a higher pitched snare once i thought of using a marching snare but then saw there new prices.

the seller says everything is original besided the heads of course and was saying how the bass drums serial number is 0032 does that have any effect in anyway

9. Tama Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Drums57 View Post
    I built the exact kit in the sq2 kit builder almost 13000 for no hardware I also found an eBay post exact kit same sizes just no snare or hardware for 2800 euros so that works out to be 3300 Canadian
    i would get that info to the seller and tell him that is what you can base your counter offer from. Its some pretty good leverage IMO

10. Away From The World

Man those toms are beasts, square sizes really are noticeable visually (and audibly).

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

11. Deputy Grand Poobah

7k is a lot, but the people that are interested/want these kits will pay...close to it. 6K after I try and talk him down to 5500, if it were me...

Sometimes, you end up making more selling each one individually. Not saying he should, but...kits like these are meant for the long sell. The right buyer for the right price always comes, not very quickly most times.

12. Tama Junkie

the kit isn't advertised yet so footballdrums definitely has that going him.