Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 95 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,129 to 1,140 of 2423
  1. Registered User

My most recent purchase., Ludwig Classic Maple kit in Black Galaxy. 10x8, 12x9, 16x14 & 22x18. Toms (including floor tom) all have the Atlas mounts. The Atlas mounts are amazing and the options that Ludwig is putting out there with the mount configurations is endless. The 16x14 floor tom is an absolute monster! The wrap is flawless as well as the bearing edges and chrome on the hardware. If anyone is considering buying one of the USA kits., don't hesitate. Turn around time was 5 weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by medicdrummer; 10-17-2013 at 03:53 PM.

2. The Hardware Guy

This arrived this morning. Killed the thread on one of my Unilock tilters (partially cross threaded it about 15 years ago at a gig, and it's been fine since, until I used the wrong wingnut on it last week when changing my cymbal arrangement!) So until I can get hold of a die set to try recutting the thread, I grabbed one of these Tama jobbies, and although I've not actually used it yet (my kit doesn't live with me) I have tested it on the tilter with the fubar thread, and it seems to grip nicely. Cheaper and smaller (mass wise) than the Pearl one too. See how I get on with it, maybe I'll swap out all my wingnuts for these if it's good....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    This arrived this morning. Killed the thread on one of my Unilock tilters (partially cross threaded it about 15 years ago at a gig, and it's been fine since, until I used the wrong wingnut on it last week when changing my cymbal arrangement!) So until I can get hold of a die set to try recutting the thread, I grabbed one of these Tama jobbies, and although I've not actually used it yet (my kit doesn't live with me) I have tested it on the tilter with the fubar thread, and it seems to grip nicely. Cheaper and smaller (mass wise) than the Pearl one too. See how I get on with it, maybe I'll swap out all my wingnuts for these if it's good....
    These things are the best technological advancement in drumming over the past 10 years. Can't tell you how many wingnuts I've dropped on the floor during tear downs. I use both the Tama and Pearl versions and find them both to be efficient and practical. Lifesavers.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented 12, 16, 22, 7x14
    Tama Star walnut kit in Japenese sen indigo burst 10, 12, 16, 22, 6.5x14
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic) 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22, 5x14
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) 13, 16, 24, 6.5x14
    Sonor Pro Lite 13, 16, 22

4. The Hardware Guy

They're definitely something I could have done with back when I gigged regularly - spinning wingnuts dropped under a kit on a dark stage aren't easy to find! Just gotta see how well it grips and how long it lasts, since it's predominantly plastic (well, other than the spring, it's completely plastic!). I don't gig anymore, so it won't have to put up with the rigours of that, but where I have my kit set up, one cymbal needs to be removed for me to get in and out to play it, so this will live on that cymbal, so it will get repetitive use. So we'll see! Other than price (it's about a third of the price of the cheapest I found here in the UK - the most expensive I found was £30 [$48] !!!), the main reason I went for it over the Pearl WL200 was it's single handed operation. I'm sure the Pearl one is easy to use, but I looked at both and thought this Tama one would be much easier to use single handedly. I also looked at the Vater, EXA and Dixon ones, and decided to give the Tama one a go first. The Vater one only seems to grip at one point, whereas this one is near 360º grip; the EXA was only a little bit pricier than the Tama, but looked bulkier, although that might not be a bad thing. The Dixon one looks pretty interesting, as it looks like the clamping jaws inside are metal as opposed to plastic. However I've only seen one pic of it, and not in person, so I reserve judgement on it. Might order one just to see what it's like, since it's pretty cheap (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIXON-EZ-C...item5af626dbda)

PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

5. Captain WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I've been using these for a couple of years - threaded wingnuts just seem like a completely unnecessary thing after using these. and i think i actually prefer these to the pearl ones, they're hard to get off with one hand and about three times more expensive. idk, they just seem like a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonTsi90 (banned) View Post
    LOL, im not a mod so i cant do that. If he or anyone else gets banned its cause they broke the rules and Pearl saw fit to ban them..

6. The Hardware Guy

Well I just got word back from the seller of the Dixon ones, that says the jaws on the Dixon model are indeed metal, which makes them both quick release, and screwable like a wingnut. Now I know the Pearl and Tama ones are also screwable too, but I'm thinking that both of those are plastic and the Dixon ones are metal, they should be stronger, or at least longer lasting. Might have to give them a go. And they're 20% cheaper than the Tama ones too, which is a pretty good deal I think.

PICSPICS 2

7. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    These things are the best technological advancement in drumming over the past 10 years. Can't tell you how many wingnuts I've dropped on the floor during tear downs. I use both the Tama and Pearl versions and find them both to be efficient and practical. Lifesavers.
    I must agree!

8. New and Improved!!

I got a Rhythm Tech Mountable Gig Tray (MGT) for accessories like shakers. I had one of these before at my old church, they're nice, not too big and with a padded base and they have hooks that flip out to hang a tambourine or similar. But with stuff like that, where to put it so it is "useful" ??? I really need another stand for it, but not spending the dough on another stand right now. It is nonetheless, very nice, IMO.

9. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Soon to be a Black Beauty if I can unload a couple of snares

10. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by medicdrummer View Post
    My most recent purchase., Ludwig Classic Maple kit in Black Galaxy. 10x8, 12x9, 16x14 & 22x18. Toms (including floor tom) all have the Atlas mounts. The Atlas mounts are amazing and the options that Ludwig is putting out there with the mount configurations is endless. The 16x14 floor tom is an absolute monster! The wrap is flawless as well as the bearing edges and chrome on the hardware. If anyone is considering buying one of the USA kits., don't hesitate. Turn around time was 5 weeks.
    Good for you, Classic maples are awesome drums! made in the USA and priced nicely as well
    DW Collectors Birch Satin Oil Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black

11. Registered User

just got the very nice 14" AAX Xplosion I bought on
    EvilBay. I didn't really need it, but it was a steal
    and I couldn't let it pass.. the 2nd snare stand also
    arrived yesterday..

12. Totally Rad

Dw 9000 series low boom stand for my ride the regular 9000 stands run a bit on the high side. An Iron cobra beater, love the weight and adjustment of them, and also ordered a camo drum rug yeehaw

Name:  rsz_31186052_10153393153195553_1985641583_n.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  288.2 KB
    Name:  rsz_1380731_10153393039780553_1631910633_n.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  196.6 KB
    Name:  @994_37c42eaacfc41950381be5a0cbee4604-500-500.png
Views: 280
Size:  157.9 KB