Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

I use my Vision VX kit. (olive green) and i gig 1-3 shows every week. However i have replacement heads ready, cases, a rack, and a luggage container to hold the stands. Nothing has gone wrong beside me forgetting cymbals one time. Great sounding kits for gigs. especially with the correct mics and micing technique! \m/

2. @joeyryandrums

had about 1-2 gigs a month for about 6 months, during the time using my VX. i put lug locks on them so that they would keep tune better throughout the show, not that it desperately needed it tho... and i bought an optimount for my one rack tom which helped out the tuning and resonance . took a bit of a beating with nicks nd scratches here and there, but they were solid drums that sounded good .

3. Registered User

Been gigging with my 2010 VMX's for about 2 years solid, over 150 gigs with not a single problem or issue. Words cannot describe how impressed I am with the quality of these drums
    Pearl Vision VMX Silver Sparkle |22x18 (2)|10x8|12x9|14x14|16x16|14x5.5|
    Custom Clear Acrylic Octobans | Zildjian Cymbas | Tama Iron Cobra Pedals | Gibraltar Curved Rack | Remo Heads | Pro Mark Sticks

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TomHTP
    Been gigging with my 2010 VMX's for about 2 years solid, over 150 gigs with not a single problem or issue. Words cannot describe how impressed I am with the quality of these drums
    Thats Impressive!
    Pearl Vision VSX in Strata Gold

Pearl Hardware, Sabian Cymbals, Evans Drumheads, Vic Firth Drumsticks, LP Percussion

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CHWKovers

5. Old School

I gig out with my Visions, maple shells, 10-12-16 and 22, with matching 5x15 snare. Love playing them and get a great response from theses drums! Red sparkle of course....
    Play drums like there is no tomorrow,but with the intention of playing forever!

My kit http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...9&page=1&pp=12

For 30 years, I have played one brand of drums, for one reason, Pearl!!

6. Registered User

2010 Pearl Vision VX love 'em!

7. Registered User

I love my Vision my shells are Birch I use that kit the most when I Gig. Never any problems.

8. Pearl Corporation USA

Pearl endorser Jamie Perkins of The Pretty Reckless plays a Vision Birch VBL in black ice.
    pic from the wrarped summer tour 2012
    Attached Images Attached Images   

KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

9. Registered User

I use my Pearl Vision VBA Artisan II for gigs at least once every other month. It is fairly light and with the memory locks its pretty fast set-up and tear down. I have it in a 10'', 12",14" Snare 16" FT, and 22" Kick. The guy at Guitar Center said the color was a Guitar Center Limited Edition. Only reason I believe him is because I haven't seen it anywhere online. Its the Eucalyptus Fade.

Last edited by Pearldrummer2013; 02-12-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Add Pictures

10. Registered User

I use mine for regular gigs and practice at a few different locations with no major problems I marked my drum carpet to make sure setups were quicker but my drums are virgin bass drums so it gets difficult without a rack but I manage I use a 2 year old ? Set of vbx's with two 22" bass drums with Aquarian sk10 and ec2's on all toms with stock resos

11. Not Your Everyday Drummer

I play out with my VLX pretty often. Aside from the occasion scuff or scratch, I'd say the experience in playing them out has been very positive.

(Note: I got the VLX instead of a Masters precisely because I knew it would take a beating over time and did t wanna hurt so much over it).

I've had the chance to play with this kit is all sorts of places with different setups and combinations. She's always had great projection, presence, tone, response, and character. Even with 3 year old heads, (Evans EC2) she still has what it takes to give me the best.

Always received the great reviews for the look and sound and I'm proud to say it's brought a few local guys into the Pearl family after having the chance to play mine.

12. Registered User

I gig with my Black VBL's, and I like em alot. Replaced the mounts with the Opti Mounts and Ive had no issues at all. Id recommend em for sure