Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
  1. Registered User

Hi TMdrums. Beautiful red kit! Instead of a lift kit, I had a friend cut the shafts of the beaters I use. We share something else in common: I'm using a K Custom ride for my projects these days.
    oldstroke in CA

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by oldstroke227 View Post
    Hi TMdrums. Beautiful red kit! Instead of a lift kit, I had a friend cut the shafts of the beaters I use. We share something else in common: I'm using a K Custom ride for my projects these days.
    Interesting adjustment on modifying the beater height. Never thought of that. I would think that would alter the feel of the kick pedal...no? I alternate from my 21 "K Custom Special Dry Ride and 21" Sweet Ride. Enjoy them both!

3. Comrade Tim

Can't believe this thread is still up near the top....or maybe I can...

With the recent purchase of my Sessions the Vision kit has been put away until such time as I actually start playing live again. Sessions are not leaving my studio, and the Visions are perfect for live shows....

Now I just need to find a 22x18 kick in Ruby Fade Eucalyptus.....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Interesting adjustment on modifying the beater height. Never thought of that. I would think that would alter the feel of the kick pedal...no? I alternate from my 21 "K Custom Special Dry Ride and 21" Sweet Ride. Enjoy them both!
    Yes indeed! My 20" K Custom Dry Ride is perfect for my current project. I would occasionally like to use my 19" Armand Beautiful Baby, but our current song list is better served by the K. In looking back at this thread I have to agree the early Visions were a real bargain and performed very well live and in the studio... Clearly excellent supervision from the folks in Japan of the factory in China. Al Percival told me my 18" kick in WMP was one of just a handful brought into the US. TMDrums: What are you using for hats?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    oldstroke in CA

5. Registered User

14" Z New Beats. Been using them since the 70's and still love the versitalty of them. I recently added a 21" 20th Anniversary A Custom Zildjian Ride to my collection and enjoying it very much. Love that picture of your set up by the way!