Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Registered User

When you have like 20 mics but since you're a drummer it's just multiples of 5 different ones.

2. Registered User

Strangely, I don't record my drumming. If I wanted/needed to, I'd go to a studio. My mikes are for other purposes. Here goes anyway .....

2x Roland DR-181 dynamic cardioids - Got these in 1986 for general purpose recording and PA. Nowadays they're the family videoke mics.

2x Behringer B1 large diaphram condenser cardioid - I needed a cheap throwaway vocal condenser for a 1-year field research project back in 2003. It survived the project, and I still use it as a backup for stereo recordings.

2x Rode NT55 (matched pair) small diaphram condenser cardioid and omni - I bought these for a soundscape recording project in 2012. I've used the omni capsules since day one, and they are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm using it for a studio recording project this month, and an orchestral/choral project in March.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    Strangely, I don't record my drumming.
    I have my kit mic'ed up at all times - not so much to record, but so I can wear in ears so I don't go deaf, and mix in music to play along to.