Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. At the copa.....copacabana

Default Favourite comedy/stand up comedians

So I was sitting up just after "the bells" watching Lee Mack with tears streaming down my face and I thought it maybe the basis of a good thread.

So far the highlights comedy wise for me, have been the tv show adaptation of Mrs Brown's boys and the aforementioned lee Mack stand up.

So, what have been your comedy highlights tv show/stand up/ movies of 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

2. Captain WTF.

you sir have a fine taste in comedy. lee mack is funny as ****, and I just wet myself at Mrs Browns boys. did you see the one where she left her purse at home, so she just walked through the set? had me in stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonTsi90 (banned) View Post
    LOL, im not a mod so i cant do that. If he or anyone else gets banned its cause they broke the rules and Pearl saw fit to ban them..

3. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by chrisr696 View Post
    you sir have a fine taste in comedy. lee mack is funny as ****, and I just wet myself at Mrs Browns boys. did you see the one where she left her purse at home, so she just walked through the set? had me in stitches.
    Just watching the DVD - yeah, it was great. Currently watching the downstairs toilet episode.

Rhod Gilbert is also a very good comedian, he was great on the Michael macintyre Christmas comedy roadshow thing on Christmas day.
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

4. Registered User

Of course Carlin is great. But for new guys? I am fond of Daniel Tosh, he's pretty witty and fast paced. Not stupid either, he sometimes has some relevant things to say. I like plenty more, but those are two off the top of my head.

One time I tried showing my friend a Carlin stand up. He said that he couldn't hold his attention like Dane Cook could. apkjajtraowtiaowirawiraowirawimaoidfmaowe

5. your band sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love View Post
    Rhod Gilbert is also a very good comedian, he was great on the Michael macintyre Christmas comedy roadshow thing on Christmas day.
    +1, my entire family were crying with laughter at that. John Bishop is pretty funny too.

6. idk how 2 play drums

I know everyone's going to be "wtf, he ****ing sucks bro", but I really like Russel Peters.

I've seen him live twice. Luckily, I've been at the back both times

7. 4 8 15 16 23 42

Louis C.K. and Jimmy Carr.

8. Registered User

Oh god. Carlin, Chris Rock, Russel Peters, Demetri Martin, Louis CK, Tim Minchin....so many good ones.
    My Band- Hi Kyle Proud Player of Sabian, Vater, and Ludwig
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBrain
    I'm scared of this.....it's like asking your buddy to grab you a hooker on the way back from the store after giving him alot of money, you know he's gonna get the cheapest one and buy himself a foot bath

9. Angoose

Marcus Brigstocke - Watch this, it's only a minute long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA3jt...eature=related I find it absolutely hilarious! One of the only things that has me laughing every time.

Milton Jones - He's hilarious, without the need to swear, which compared to most is an achievement!

Reginald D Hunter. He's just so cool, and again very very funny!

Bill Bailey.

10. I'm attracted to you

Bo Burnham.
    I'm like Che Guevara with bling on; I'm complex

11. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Sam View Post
    +1, my entire family were crying with laughter at that. John Bishop is pretty funny too.
    Bishop is great. I need to get a hold of Bill Bailliey's metal album -it's meant to be great

12. ↓ ↘ → P

Bill Hicks, Dennis Miller, and Mitch Hedburg.