Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Pearl & Zildjian

Question Z Custom dyno beat hihat vs ??

My drumstore has an 4 years old Zildjian Z Custom dyno beat hi hat cymbal for sale, its only one piece its a never used cymbal so its in a great (new) condition. But with which other hihat cymbal do i pair it??
    A custom (mastersound)?
    Z3 (mastersound) ?
    Other options??
    Any help would be higly appreciated
    Pearl Vision VSX & Zildjian & Paiste Cymbals
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=246977Latest pics page 80 !

2. Paiste-oholic

Oh, I used to have one of these!

It's a better hat than you might think! I used an A Custom projection hat top over mine. Projection indeed!

Really you can do just about any pairing, just remember that the Dyno Beat will give you a full bodied "chick" with lots of volume.

A New Beat or K will be a nice set too-imagine a similar sound but higher pitched and more definition.

You got to get that cymbal man!!!

3. Registered User

If you got a K top hat it would be the same thing as Zildjians K/Z high hats. It is a great combination

4. Pearl & Zildjian

Quote Originally Posted by Stranjluv101 View Post
    Oh, I used to have one of these!

It's a better hat than you might think! I used an A Custom projection hat top over mine. Projection indeed!

Really you can do just about any pairing, just remember that the Dyno Beat will give you a full bodied "chick" with lots of volume.

A New Beat or K will be a nice set too-imagine a similar sound but higher pitched and more definition.

You got to get that cymbal man!!!
    Yeah i know, i have them let it put away for me for when i have some money again to spent on my drumkit.

I have the 14" A Custom Mastersound hihats a my main pair and i think their very versatile, so i would like to get another pair that mainly will be used to play Heavy rock & metal.
    Would it be best to start searching for another dynobeat hat or buy an Z3 Hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Napolean5 View Post
    If you got a K top hat it would be the same thing as Zildjians K/Z high hats. It is a great combination
    Same question as above

5. Paiste-oholic

I'd ask the shop if you could try the Dyno Beat with some others they have in the store=you might be surprised with what you find!!!

6. METAL UP YOUR ***!

The Z screams metal. As a bottom cymbal, the Dyno beats adds a lot more chick and overall volume. I would use any cymbal top (there are some bottoms, however) that are medium in weight. The Dyno beat is a heavy cymbal. So for that perfect, modern sound, a medium top cymbal would be perfect.

A New Beat top paired with the Z would make a very tight, very clean sound. A hi hat gets most of its tone from the top cymbal. If you would like a pair of New Beats with a little more oomph, the New Beat/ Dyno Beat sounds excellent to me.

An A Custom top/ Dyno beat is a son of a gun. I used to have a 13" pair of these. I liked it better with the Z on top. Even as a 13", they were loud! Extremely clean with absolute no trash.

A K top is actually either med-thin or medium in weight, and this pairing makes the infamous K/Z. To say that these do not work for louder rock (just because it is a K) is rubbish. The first thing that comes to mind, is that Tré Cool, of Green Day, uses this pairing for his hi hat. This pair stands out from the others because the K is lower pitches and the Z is higherx giving this very full sound, unlike the higher pitched A and Z, or higher pitched A Custom and Z. This is a very versatile pair, in my opinion.

This sounds fun, and I wish you good luck!
    I love to trade cymbals. ;)

Mapex Saturn Pro - 12rt-14ft-18bd
    Tama Granstar II - 10rt-12rt-14rt-18ft-22bd
    Starclassic Copper 5.5"x14"
    Tama Brass 6.5"x14"

7. Pearl & Zildjian

@ Marlow : Thanks for your great reply very useful !

I guess i'd have to mix the dyno up with all these options you mentiond and see which one i'd like the best

And that happens to be one of my favorite pastime ... spending several hours at the drumshop trying out stuff

8. Matt Flacche

I still have the dynobeat hihat PAIR for sale on eBay... why don't you get that?

Quote Originally Posted by scaryguy View Post
    My drumstore has an 4 years old Zildjian Z Custom dyno beat hi hat cymbal for sale, its only one piece its a never used cymbal so its in a great (new) condition. But with which other hihat cymbal do i pair it??
    A custom (mastersound)?
    Z3 (mastersound) ?
    Other options??
    Any help would be higly appreciated

9. Immortality has its Privelages

Just make sure you play all the combinations next to your existing hihats. You want to make sure there's plenty of contrast between the two pairs of hats.
    I used to play new beats on my left and Dyno' on my right side. The contrast was significant. You don't just want to make sure these hats sound good, but you want to be adding another flavor to your arsenal... at least that's my opinion. The K top might just do that... but I've never played K/Zs next to A mastersounds.

10. Pearl & Zildjian

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Flacche View Post
    I still have the dynobeat hihat PAIR for sale on eBay... why don't you get that?
    I'd like to search myself first but yours are still an option as wel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Overlord View Post
    Just make sure you play all the combinations next to your existing hihats. You want to make sure there's plenty of contrast between the two pairs of hats.
    I used to play new beats on my left and Dyno' on my right side. The contrast was significant. You don't just want to make sure these hats sound good, but you want to be adding another flavor to your arsenal... at least that's my opinion. The K top might just do that... but I've never played K/Zs next to A mastersounds.
    Completely right, there has to be an contrast between the two pairs, i don't want the same sound. I never had or never will have two identical cymbals