Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

I'm sure those hoops would be great on any reference or mcx kit.
    Gretsch Renown maple and My Ludwig kit; Yamaha, Pearl Sensitone Aluminum and Pork Pie snares. DW 9002, Pearl Eliminator and IC Powerglide double pedals. Many cymbals.
    Some pics of my 2 other kits (middle of the page) http://www.remo.com/forum/post/view?...1&age=0&ppg=19

2. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mendell View Post
    I'm sure those hoops would be great on any reference or mcx kit.
    If you don't like the sound Die Cast hoops give. Yes. Fat Tone hoops are not designed to be "Better" then Die Cast. It's simply a different style of hoop offering a different sound.
    FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
    http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

3. Registered User

Here is a great picture of the matte black kit!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Secret Agent 007.5

NICE, Thanks!!
    Pearl
    MCX- Diamond Glitter 10,12,14,16,22 & 14x6.5 Natural Maple Snare

*FOR SALE* ~ DW Collector Series- Blue Glass 10,12,14,16,& 23

Zildjian
    K Light Hats, K Custom Session & Dark Crash, K Dark Medium Thin Crash, & K Ride

5. Matt Flacche

I totally agree! The only advantage to the sticker is the placement of the slots on the snare side hoop. Some Pearl snares have the strainer in a different position, making it impossible to line up the hoop engraving with the shell badge. At least with the stickers, you can remove them and apply a new sticker in the correct location - OR just remove all the stickers like I am going to do once my Masterworks kit arrives.

Also, seeing those STL lugs on the kick and toms make me so excited about seeing them in BLACK on my new MW kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Pronto View Post
    Yeah the Fat Tone hoops look great in person. I always wondered why the SuperHoops were elegantly engraved while the MasterCast hoops have a chintzy sticker.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BulletForMyDrummer View Post
    Here is a great picture of the matte black kit!
    That is SICK. Love it!
    Pearl Masters Custom MCX - 24x18 | 22x18 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 18x16
    1970s Gretsch USA - 22x14 | 12x8 | 13x9 | 16x16
    1960s Rogers Holiday - 20x14 | 13x9 | 16x16

7. Rhythm Devil

Yeah the Fat Tone hoops look great in person. I always wondered why the SuperHoops were elegantly engraved while the MasterCast hoops have a chintzy sticker.
    I would bet Mastercast are made with some hands on, while Superhoops and Fat Tone are made entirely by automated machines and one does the etching.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    I would bet Mastercast are made with some hands on, while Superhoops and Fat Tone are made entirely by automated machines and one does the etching.
    Are you suggesting that MasterCast hoops are hand-made? Ok hand-made drums are one thing, but hand-made metal hoops are not something I care about...as ridiculous as the concept of hand-made diecast hoops is. If you're suggesting that the sticker is hand-applied.... who the hell cares? Hoops with "some hands on" would just be a complete waste of manpower. And even after all that, I still contend that SuperHoops and FatTone hoops look better.
    I've left the PDF. Email me at mjdurante (at) gmail (dot com).

Drums: Pearl SMX & Dream Bliss | Ludwig/Canwood & Sabian | Roland TD-12
    Restorations: Black '70s Slingerland | '66 Slingerland | White '70s Slingerland | '90s Sonor Force | CP Snares
    Bands: Captain Starr | stereoINs

9. Rhythm Devil

Are you suggesting that MasterCast hoops are hand-made? Ok hand-made drums are one thing, but hand-made metal hoops are not something I care about...as ridiculous as the concept of hand-made diecast hoops is. If you're suggesting that the sticker is hand-applied.... who the hell cares? Hoops with "some hands on" would just be a complete waste of manpower. And even after all that, I still contend that SuperHoops and FatTone hoops look better.
    Yes, I meant a person puts the sticker on, though I really don't know. I've seen that show "How It's Made" a few thousand times and took a guess haha. I'm sure a machine could put it on just as well. Perhaps zinc does not take well to etching. I think the chrome is better on Mastercast than SuperHoops, in that it's very uniform and solid with less chance of variation or visual flaws. But the stickers...the stickers gotta go. haha. Fat Tone and SuperHoops for everybody! Have some rep!
    Last edited by Rhythm Devil; 07-29-2011 at 04:51 PM.

10. Pearl Corporation USA

RFP PURE Rock Kit in color 334 Red Metallic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

11. Banned

honest question..

What came out first?

Pearl Ref Pure or Yamaha Rock Tour?

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeddlinLikeHell View Post
    honest question..

What came out first?

Pearl Ref Pure or Yamaha Rock Tour?
    Rock Tour. Why? There's very little similarities between these two kits.
    I've left the PDF. Email me at mjdurante (at) gmail (dot com).

Drums: Pearl SMX & Dream Bliss | Ludwig/Canwood & Sabian | Roland TD-12
    Restorations: Black '70s Slingerland | '66 Slingerland | White '70s Slingerland | '90s Sonor Force | CP Snares
    Bands: Captain Starr | stereoINs