Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default RH-2000 Remote Hi-Hat question :)

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to remove the top portion (where the cymbals are attatched) from the cable on the RH-2000 Remote Hi-Hat (without cutting the cable). I can't seem to find a way to remove it.

Thank you for your help ...

MM
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

2. Black Sky Tribe

Why do you need to remove it? The reason I ask is that there may be away around this in your situation so you don't have to take anything apart.
    MASTERS ARMY
    Pearl Zildjian Remo Innovative Percussion

http://www.facebook.com/blackskytribe

3. STD

There is a way to do it without cutting the cable. You just have to take the entire top section apart. The cable is attached to the pull rod by a brass coupler. You just have to unscrew the cable from the coupler. That is, after you remove everything else surrounding and attached to it. I have a pdf of how to disassemble and reassemble the whole top and bottom sections but the file is too big too attach, but I think I got the pdf from somewhere on the PDF Anyway I posted a few screen shots that should help you out. Why do you want to remove it anyway?

Drumguy

Why do you need to remove it? The reason I ask is that there may be away around this in your situation so you don't have to take anything apart.
    How would you do this without taking anything apart?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

4. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by STDunbar420 View Post
    There is a way to do it without cutting the cable. You just have to take the entire top section apart. The cable is attached to the pull rod by a brass coupler. You just have to unscrew the cable from the coupler. That is, after you remove everything else surrounding and attached to it. I have a pdf of how to disassemble and reassemble the whole top and bottom sections but the file is too big too attach, but I think I got the pdf from somewhere on the PDF Anyway I posted a few screen shots that should help you out. Why do you want to remove it anyway?

How would you do this without taking anything apart?
    Thank you for posting the pictures. That was helpful.
    FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
    http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

5. Registered User

Hi,

Thanks guys. I'll follow the directions in the photos.

I have two of the RH-2000's at home and I want to use one of them for my cocktail (stand-up) kit, so I just need the top portion to function like a remote hi-hat (since there's no need for the pedal function).

MM
    Last edited by MusicMan; 07-05-2011 at 07:38 AM.

6. Registered User

Guys,

Thanks again for posting the instructions. I was able to remove the cable successfully! The diagrams really helped.

MM

7. Registered User

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but is there a way to separate the upper part? (The one where the tilter is)

I removed the allen screw but it didn't help at all, the piece feels the same as when the screw was on, it's way to hard to separate it. I don't want to separate the piece from the cable if possible to actually accomplish it. Is it even possible?

8. Is this Illidan?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanHate View Post
    Sorry for bumping this old thread, but is there a way to separate the upper part? (The one where the tilter is)

I removed the allen screw but it didn't help at all, the piece feels the same as when the screw was on, it's way to hard to separate it. I don't want to separate the piece from the cable if possible to actually accomplish it. Is it even possible?
    I'm guessing it is threaded on, but why are you trying to separate that section? It's not designed to come apart there.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Gord The Drummer View Post
    I'm guessing it is threaded on, but why are you trying to separate that section? It's not designed to come apart there.
    Just had an accident and the part were the cymbals were fell with the cymbals on(cheap cymbals fortunately), but a bit of the plastic screw in the middle broke, and I wanted to separate that part so I could actually see if there's a way to fix it because the nut won't come in(although I don't even know what's the point of the nut and screw unless you put the whole thing tilted at an angle)

10. Is this Illidan?

Just had an accident and the part were the cymbals were fell with the cymbals on(cheap cymbals fortunately), but a bit of the plastic screw in the middle broke, and I wanted to separate that part so I could actually see if there's a way to fix it because the nut won't come in(although I don't even know what's the point of the nut and screw unless you put the whole thing tilted at an angle)
    Ah, I get it now. The part you want is HHC-20R. It can be found in the spare parts catalog. I recommend ordering the part, when it comes in see how it fits on, that's how you get the old one off.

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Gord The Drummer View Post
    Ah, I get it now. The part you want is HHC-20R. It can be found in the spare parts catalog. I recommend ordering the part, when it comes in see how it fits on, that's how you get the old one off.
    What? Is the screw really a part of that piece?! I thought it was only the plastic cup + tilter thing. As the catalog doesn't really specify, I thought I had to get the whole HUP-200R part.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

12. Is this Illidan?

What? Is the screw really a part of that piece?! I thought it was only the plastic cup + tilter thing. As the catalog doesn't really specify, I thought I had to get the whole HUP-200R part.
    What screw? The only screws on that piece are the allen screws.