Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
  1. Drum sales/service

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Very unusual set up for your beautiful new kit! I like my toms to go from high to low. It's very creative and what works for you is all that's important.
    Thanks, nova! I'm right handed, and I still enjoy playing a traditional kit from time to time. The symmetrical kit, however, feels like home base to me, and opens up lots of possibilities for either hand. Bill Bruford's and Mike Mangini's kits were big sources of inspiration when creating this one.
    Pearl MCX Mocha Tamo
    Pearl ELX Green Fade
    Pearl EXX Electric Blue Sparkle

2. Tama Nut Job

Was looking for the Driver's Seat thread, but I found this one first...

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by aje_drum View Post

Very nice! Always interesting to see how your setups change from time to time. It's symmetrical but "normal" enough that just about anyone would be comfortable behind it.

4. Drum sales/service

NICE symmetrical kit, aje_drum! I have not yet seen it on this forum, so naturally, I've got questions:
    1. Dead center just above your rack toms - is that a mini hi hat?
    2. Do you have any front view photos showing more of the hardware?
    3. You list some other kits in your signature. Is this a home kit, or do you play gigs with it?

Everything is thought out and well placed. Marine blue fade is one of my all-time favorite Starclassic finishes. Very sharp, great looking kit, and a fine example of symmetry!
    Pearl MCX Mocha Tamo
    Pearl ELX Green Fade
    Pearl EXX Electric Blue Sparkle

5. Pearl & Zildjian

Quote Originally Posted by aje_drum View Post

Now there i would love to get behind !
    Pearl Vision VSX & Zildjian & Paiste Cymbals
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=246977Latest pics page 80 !

6. a.k.a. YtseJam

Looks absolutely fabulous. Loving the remote 20" kick too. And you really need both predator and a pro 1-v hihat.

7. Tama Nut Job

Thanks for the kind words guys

Quote Originally Posted by drumfreek005 View Post
    Very nice! Always interesting to see how your setups change from time to time. It's symmetrical but "normal" enough that just about anyone would be comfortable behind it.
    Yeah, I'm pretty well normal, just trying to encourage myself to lead left. I've always tried to approach big kits as small kits first, then fill up the holes without compromising positioning of the most core. At it's core this is a 5 piece with offset toms.

Quote Originally Posted by PercWorld View Post
    NICE symmetrical kit, aje_drum! I have not yet seen it on this forum, so naturally, I've got questions:
    1. Dead center just above your rack toms - is that a mini hi hat?
    2. Do you have any front view photos showing more of the hardware?
    3. You list some other kits in your signature. Is this a home kit, or do you play gigs with it?

Everything is thought out and well placed. Marine blue fade is one of my all-time favorite Starclassic finishes. Very sharp, great looking kit, and a fine example of symmetry!
    1. Between the two rack toms is a stack/hat whatever you want to call it, 10" Paiste Signature Splash on a 12" Sig Thin China.
    2. Just an off kilter phone snap...without the remote 20" kick set up so we can get out of the garage without tripping over it
    3. This kit stays at home for the most part unless it's a big money show with a big stage. Not often called to gig something like this as you can imagine, so it's usually the vintage Supes that go out. Though I do have enough of that kit to duplicate this setup, 20" floor tom and all

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    Looks absolutely fabulous. Loving the remote 20" kick too. And you really need both predator and a pro 1-v hihat.
    I'd like to get both, but I think I prefer the right hand HH on the straight/regular stand, so two Pro1-V's would do it. And if they rig up a lefty Pro1-V Bigfoot I could set up the other 20" bass drum over on the other side. I temporarily modified one to do it, as a left remote kick, not a true lefty double. The pedal underfoot and connecting shaft was all Trick (bar I little piece I cobbled together to make it work to the left), connected to an iron Cobra frame with the beater. It worked, but changed it back and haven't felt like re-modifying it...though I might yet
    Last edited by aje_drum; 08-08-2015 at 05:19 PM.

8. Registered User

Here's Mine

Name:  1508111_543784385761329_583159398706835303_n.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  603761_543784509094650_655708101243755420_n.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  60.1 KB

Name:  1377229_545063655633402_2752124960238988055_n.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  51.3 KB

9. King of Pointlessness.

Can't believe I didn't find that thread earlier ! Lots of very interesting stuff.

Allow me to resuscitate it with my new setup :

Name:  Centered-sq2-01.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  86.4 KBName:  Centered-sq2-03.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  95.1 KBName:  Centered-sq2-08.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  188.0 KB

It's as symmetrical as needed right now. I have more drums and cymbals to throw on it, but I don't really want to deal with extra stands or a rack anymore. That kits gets moved a lot. Maybe sometime in the future, when I have my own rehearsal place, I'll add a rack tom over the bass drum (hardware nightmare with a virgin bass drum and no rack), a left hand ride and a couple crashes... We'll see.
    - [ Paiste Cymbals, Sonor Drums, Pearl Hardware ] -

- [ Sonor SQ² 2015 ] - [ Old monster kit ] - [ My Pies ] - [ Custom ICON ] -

#Paiste on IRCNET

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Majyk Oyster View Post
    Can't believe I didn't find that thread earlier ! Lots of very interesting stuff.

Allow me to resuscitate it with my new setup :

Name:  Centered-sq2-01.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  86.4 KBName:  Centered-sq2-03.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  95.1 KBName:  Centered-sq2-08.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  188.0 KB

It's as symmetrical as needed right now. I have more drums and cymbals to throw on it, but I don't really want to deal with extra stands or a rack anymore. That kits gets moved a lot. Maybe sometime in the future, when I have my own rehearsal place, I'll add a rack tom over the bass drum (hardware nightmare with a virgin bass drum and no rack), a left hand ride and a couple crashes... We'll see.
    Interesting mod on the hi-hat stand. Is it possible to get a close-up on it to get a better look?

11. King of Pointlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanHate View Post
    Interesting mod on the hi-hat stand. Is it possible to get a close-up on it to get a better look?
    Sure !

The stuff I used :
    - a H2000 hi hat stand
    - a P3000D single pedal
    - a DS-300A drive shaft
    - two PS300 anchors

Name:  IMG_20170720_191556.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  68.0 KBName:  H2008-04.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  71.1 KBName:  H2008-03.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  73.4 KB
    - [ Paiste Cymbals, Sonor Drums, Pearl Hardware ] -

- [ Sonor SQ² 2015 ] - [ Old monster kit ] - [ My Pies ] - [ Custom ICON ] -

#Paiste on IRCNET

12. Registered User

Nice, It looks pretty good. I guess it can be done the other way so the stand can be to the left of the slave pedal via reversing the Hexagonal Axle Assembly on both the slave pedal to be used and the stand itself?