Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205
Results 2,449 to 2,451 of 2451
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I have mixed feelings on those lugs. In one way I like how original looking they are, but at the same time that look is the look of a handle.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I have mixed feelings on those lugs. In one way I like how original looking they are, but at the same time that look is the look of a handle.
    Dale,

I agree in the sense that I do think the ARL- style of lug looks better on the metal snare drums. However, they do currently use them on the Sensitone wood snares.

My intent over the next year is to make a series of these matching Sensitone sets using all different kinds of woods (not officially available from Pearl). I don't mind the look of these lugs and just want to stay consistent with Pearl specifications. Otherwise, I would use the STL- hardware instead.

I cut down one of the Pearl mahogany Free Floating shells to make this custom Masterworks snare earlier this year. Since it is a 10mm shell (and not 5.4mm like Sensitone) I did it with the STL- lugs and the Masterworks badge.

Name:  MW Mahogany.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  73.0 KB

MM
    Last edited by MusicMan; Yesterday at 07:23 PM.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Another thing I like about using the ARL- series lugs is that they have standard Pearl mounting screw spacing. Thus, everything can be changed later (if preferred). Using the STL- series lugs requires using different hole spacing that isn't compatible with anything else.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT