Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205
Results 2,449 to 2,455 of 2455
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I have mixed feelings on those lugs. In one way I like how original looking they are, but at the same time that look is the look of a handle.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I have mixed feelings on those lugs. In one way I like how original looking they are, but at the same time that look is the look of a handle.
    Dale,

I agree in the sense that I do think the ARL- style of lug looks better on the metal snare drums. However, they do currently use them on the Sensitone wood snares.

My intent over the next year is to make a series of these matching Sensitone sets using all different kinds of woods (not officially available from Pearl). I don't mind the look of these lugs and just want to stay consistent with Pearl specifications. Otherwise, I would use the STL- hardware instead.

I cut down one of the Pearl mahogany Free Floating shells to make this custom Masterworks snare earlier this year. Since it is a 10mm shell (and not 5.4mm like Sensitone) I did it with the STL- lugs and the Masterworks badge.

Name:  MW Mahogany.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  73.0 KB

MM
    Last edited by MusicMan; 10-19-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

3. Registered User

Another thing I like about using the ARL- series lugs is that they have standard Pearl mounting screw spacing. Thus, everything can be changed later (if preferred). Using the STL- series lugs requires using different hole spacing that isn't compatible with anything else.

4. Registered User

I found this Ludwig snare drum at a local music store and cleaned it up almost a month ago.

http://imgur.com/a/45f02Dc

I'm not sure what the shell is made of. I bought it thinking it was a Blacro but both the store owner and my drum teacher have told me the main shell material was steel. On the other hand, I've done some searching for a Ludwig 90s era steel snare (coated in nickel according to my teacher?) in the Black Galaxy finish and have found nothing on such a snare, especially one with the same bead this snare has.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 51st_Alley View Post
    I found this Ludwig snare drum at a local music store and cleaned it up almost a month ago.

http://imgur.com/a/45f02Dc

I'm not sure what the shell is made of. I bought it thinking it was a Blacro but both the store owner and my drum teacher have told me the main shell material was steel. On the other hand, I've done some searching for a Ludwig 90s era steel snare (coated in nickel according to my teacher?) in the Black Galaxy finish and have found nothing on such a snare, especially one with the same bead this snare has.
    That is a Black Galaxy Acrolite with and upgraded P88AC throw off and P33 butt plate. It is a powder coated aluminum shell. A magnet should/will not stick to that shell. If it does, then it could only be a prototype.
    There were some anomalies made that were 10 lug with a silver keystone badge, I own one of them, but none were ever steel shelled drums.
    Last edited by Rotarded; 10-31-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    1964 Ludwig Downbeat 6pc
    1976 Ludwig Stainless Steel 4pc
    DW Performance 7pc
    Ludwigs: '59 Auditorium,'59 Jazz Festival, '64 Supra (x2) ,'76 Supra,
    '78 6.5x14 Acrolite w/factory Imperial Lugs,
    "Black Beauty"

DW Maple, Gretsch Free Floating 5.5 x10
    Zildjians: A Customs and Vintage As

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rotarded View Post
    That is a Black Galaxy Acrolite with and upgraded P88AC throw off and P33 butt plate. It is a powder coated aluminum shell. A magnet should/will not stick to that shell. If it does, then it could only be a prototype.
    There were some anomalies made that were 10 lug with a silver keystone badge, I own one of them, but none were ever steel shelled drums.
    I like that powder coated finish.

7. Now With More "Whiz"

Yeah, I agree. They look like something I'd pick up at the local big box home improvement store to mount on a kitchen cabinet or drawer. But, if the owner likes them, that's really all that matters.