Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 203 of 205 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205 LastLast
Results 2,425 to 2,436 of 2455
  1. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    This beautiful instrument is a "Big Softy" by British Drum Company. I've never played a snare made of balsa wood; this is likely the finest example of such a drum! If you want to see more pics and read all about it, here is a link.

    https://flacche.com/index.php/britis...pany-big-softy

    Attachment 515188
    Awesome drum, if you haven't already, i'd definitely look at some of there other options too, all exquisite. The Archer snare in particular looks really unique, i've certainly not seen another snare made from Yew. I know the guy who heads up the production, Keith Keough, ex Premier and KD drums, a true craftsman and artist when it comes to drum design.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  2. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Awesome drum, if you haven't already, i'd definitely look at some of there other options too, all exquisite. The Archer snare in particular looks really unique, i've certainly not seen another snare made from Yew. I know the guy who heads up the production, Keith Keough, ex Premier and KD drums, a true craftsman and artist when it comes to drum design.
    Thank you. I'm actually talking to Chris (at Drums on Sale) about ordering a Legend SE snare drum... it's a Scandinavian Birch shell, with a spalted beech outer ply, and mahogany re-rings... what a looker !
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  3. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Thank you. I'm actually talking to Chris (at Drums on Sale) about ordering a Legend SE snare drum... it's a Scandinavian Birch shell, with a spalted beech outer ply, and mahogany re-rings... what a looker !
    Only two words to reply to that......DO IT!!
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I grabbed these 2 today to add to my small but growing collection The top one is a Premier COA 14◊5 1/2 small badge. I am thinking from the Yamaha owned time period (I think). The Second is a Big Hair Metal 1982 TAMA 14◊6 1/2 COS monster. Time to tear down and polish and get the new Evan's heads on these 2
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  5. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeanDean View Post
    I grabbed these 2 today to add to my small but growing collection The top one is a Premier COA 14◊5 1/2 small badge. I am thinking from the Yamaha owned time period (I think). The Second is a Big Hair Metal 1982 TAMA 14◊6 1/2 COS monster. Time to tear down and polish and get the new Evan's heads on these 2
    They look to be in excellent condition already... can't wait to see them all dolled-up!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  6. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Only two words to reply to that......DO IT!!
    I did it... and I have no idea when it will make it over the pond... but I don't mind... I have plenty of drums to play
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  7. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I did it... and I have no idea when it will make it over the pond... but I don't mind... I have plenty of drums to play
    Awesome. Can't wait to see it among your collection.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    The burl and figuring show up much better in person. This pic shows it a little better.
    I have a few more sheets of the Karelian which Iíll put to good use someday....
    Nice work!
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  9. old dog, new tricks

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Posts
    16,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    The burl and figuring show up much better in person. This pic shows it a little better.
    I have a few more sheets of the Karelian which I’ll put to good use someday....
    that's a great looking drum, well done.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

    link below for my kit build thread

    https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

  10. old dog, new tricks

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Posts
    16,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    This is the newest addition to my collection... a gorgeous DW Collector's Series 6x14 HVLT birch shell, with an outer ply of exotic Kurilian birch! Click the link below if you want to see a bunch of pics, and read all about it.

    https://flacche.com/index.php/dw-col...s-exotic-birch

    Attachment 515029
    WOW.... amazing looking drum.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

    link below for my kit build thread

    https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Nice work!
    Thank you sir, I appreciate that!

    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    that's a great looking drum, well done.
    Thanks Jeff!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •