Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 212 of 214 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214 LastLast
Results 2,533 to 2,544 of 2559
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Are you insinuating that I have no taste because I disagree with yours?
    Dale,

Thanks.

It seems there is someone who resents the Pearl brand, but can't resist the Pearl forum where he can promote himself. Despite Pearl having gone out of their way to give him great customer service in the past, he was big a pain in the butt and can't figure out why things didn't work out for him.

I also don't know why anyone would waste their money buying a lot of expensive "brand name" snare drums, take pictures of them for the internet, and then resell them. I would imagine this guy pays more for his credit cards every month than the rent payment for his house.

MM
    Last edited by MusicMan; 01-24-2020 at 07:52 PM.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Lol, I can understand how the Tama Star lugs may not appeal to everyone aesthetically, though they’re visually appealing to me. Taste is subjective. With that said, I have more than a few Star drums with these lugs. It’s been my experience that the lugs are made out of higher quality metal than much of the competition. Their low mass undoubtedly contributes towards a very resonant shell. Those who’ve played Star drums can relate.
    Steady,

I agree. It's a matter of one's personal taste. I just think the Tama lugs look cheap. I wouldn't want them on an expensive drum.

I think the Pearl hardware is classier and shows much more attention to asthetics and detail.

MM
    Last edited by MusicMan; 01-24-2020 at 07:55 PM.

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    It seems there is someone who resents the Pearl brand, but can't resist the Pearl forum where he can promote himself. Despite Pearl having gone out of their way to give him great customer service in the past, he was big a pain in the butt and can't figure out why things didn't work out for him.

I also don't know why anyone would waste their money buying a lot of expensive "brand name" snare drums, take pictures of them for the internet, and then resell them. I would imagine this guy pays more for his credit cards every month than the rent payment for his house.
    This statement is as illegitimate as those fake Pearl snare drums you continue to churn out. Again, it’s really important to consider the source of anything you read, especially from anonymous people on the internet who conclude every peculiar post with the same dopey smiley face.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. a.k.a. YtseJam

Steady,

I agree. It's a matter of one's personal taste. I just think the Tama lugs look cheap. I wouldn't want them on an expensive drum.

I think the Pearl hardware is classier and shows much more attention to asthetics and detail.

MM
    Hi,

VA

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Dale,

Thanks.

MM
    Matt has OCD or is at least a perfectionist, but I think he will agree with that.

On the industry side things, these companies need people like Matt. Most people are not like many of us even. I own 5 drum kits and a bunch snares and cymbals. That’s not normal.

People like Matt, whether he flips it for a loss or profit, is only a good thing. One thing I know for sure, people like to collect things even if they don’t use them. Some people just take it to the point of obsession. That’s where I draw the line.
    Last edited by dale w miller; 01-25-2020 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Grammar

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Matt has OCD or is at least a perfectionist, but I think he will agree with that.

On the industry side things, these companies need people like Matt. Most people are not like many of us even. I own 5 drum kits and a bunch snares and cymbals. That’s not normal.

People like Matt, whether he flips it for a loss or profit, is only a good thing. One thing I know for sure, people like to collect things even if they don’t use them. Some people just take it to the point of obsession. That’s where I draw the line.
    Good points.

I just think someone who whines about others who don't agree with his preferences might have some "little guy" issues too. I don't care if wants to spend his money on other brands but he shouldn't be critical of people who are loyal to the brand that is the purpose behind this forum.

Moreover, without the Pearl forum as a boasting platform, nobody would even know (or care) who this guy is.
    Last edited by MusicMan; 01-25-2020 at 07:56 AM.

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Again, it’s really important to consider the source of anything you read, especially from anonymous people on the internet who conclude every peculiar post with the same dopey smiley face.
    Matt,

I don't think you know how to smile in real life. Hence, even friendly emojis bother you.

BTW, I always thought that the Pearl kit you did several years ago with the black fade to gold sparkle was a beautiful kit. In my opinion, it was much nicer looking than your current Tama kit.

The only thing I would have done differently on that Pearl kit would have been to fully finish the front bass drum hoops with the sparkles.

MM

8. Registered User

In an attempt to get back to the spirit of this “show us your snare” thread...I’ve ordered this 8x14 segmented old growth heart pine snare which should ship next week. Unlike most forms of pine, the rare old growth stuff is plenty hard. Supposedly makes for a good tonewood. The fellas at Outlaw are real custom builders—making their own shells. They do some innovative things with new, and reclaimed timber. I’ve intentionally ordered the inner shell in raw form.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut kit in Japenese sen indigo burst
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) and Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

9. Playing since 1976

In an attempt to get back to the spirit of this “show us your snare” thread...I’ve ordered this 8x14 segmented old growth heart pine snare which should ship next week. Unlike most forms of pine, the rare old growth stuff is plenty hard. Supposedly makes for a good tonewood. The fellas at Outlaw are real custom builders—making their own shells. They do some innovative things with new, and reclaimed timber. I’ve intentionally ordered the inner shell in raw form.
    Can't wait to see this one assembled steady! The tube lugs and Trick throw are a nice touch. Is the Trick a 3-position or 1?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

10. Registered User

Not sure Matt. Most of their snares come with the Dunnett strainer, the big clunky (but functional) one. I prefer the Trick which cost a small upcharge. I’ll be happy with whatever one they use.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut kit in Japenese sen indigo burst
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) and Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

11. Playing since 1976

Not sure Matt. Most of their snares come with the Dunnett strainer, the big clunky (but functional) one. I prefer the Trick which cost a small upcharge. I’ll be happy with whatever one they use.
    I have both versions of the Trick, and they both work very nice. As far as the Dunnett, I agree. While (like you said) they are both functional, I like the Dunnett R7 much more than the R4.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

12. Chomp, Chomp

Matt,

I don't think you know how to smile in real life. Hence, even friendly emojis bother you.

BTW, I always thought that the Pearl kit you did several years ago with the black fade to gold sparkle was a beautiful kit. In my opinion, it was much nicer looking than your current Tama kit.

The only thing I would have done differently on that Pearl kit would have been to fully finish the front bass drum hoops with the sparkles.

MM
    I’ve met Matt, and I can assure you that he knows how to smile. As for his last MW Kit, Matt wanted the front hoops finished all around and Pearl said if couldn’t be done because of the size of the glitter. You’re so quick to find fault and make baseless statements without knowing the facts. Then again, you affix Pearl badges to shells that aren’t made by Pearl and don’t understand that this is misleading and fraudulent.
    Also your statement, “ I don't care if he wants to spend his money on other brands but he shouldn't be critical of people who are loyal to the brand” is totally out of line. Do you truly believe that people shouldn’t be critical of you on a public Internet forum because you are loyal to the company sponsoring the forum?
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals