Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 190 of 195 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 2,269 to 2,280 of 2335
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    this is quite an edgy statement; this snare drum cost the butt skin,really unique drum. saying the cardbox looks better than the drum laying in it is somehow........well...was going to say,insulting,but it isn't the correct word,i'd say '''bizzare'''' and would ask ''why''' ?
    It was not intended to be an insult (and others agreed with my sentiment without insulting anyone).

I think that particular snare drum is ugly. Others seem to like it. We all don't have to agree.
    Last edited by MusicMan; 01-09-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

2. KCCO

Tama Star Reserve Vol. 5 14 x 7 Jatoba Stave. The Star snares are incredible.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Drum Workshop 6 Piece Collectors Series in Ruby Glass
    Various Snares
    Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
    Motion Pro Throne

Roland TD 50 KV
    Ahead Spinal Glide Throne

3. KCCO

Sonor Artist 13 x 7 with natural Amboina veneer and 24c gold hardware.
    Drum Workshop 6 Piece Collectors Series in Ruby Glass
    Various Snares
    Motion Pro Throne

Roland TD 50 KV
    Ahead Spinal Glide Throne

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Up2Speed View Post
    Sonor Artist 13 x 7 with natural Amboina veneer and 24c gold hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Up2Speed View Post
    Tama Star Reserve Vol. 5 14 x 7 Jatoba Stave. The Star snares are incredible.
    Now you guys are bringin' out the big guns! Yeah baby!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Now you guys are bringin' out the big guns! Yeah baby!
    I think the last 3 snares posted cost more than the combination of the eight I own!

That Tama snare... Wow!

6. Registered User

Hi,

Moving in a different direction ...

This is a photo of a Decade Maple snare drum (prototype) I put together last summer for my cajon drum kit using an 8" tom. It's a 4-lug drum, so the strainer and butt plate had to be offset in order to accommodate the floor tom legs.

I didn't like attaching my cajon snare drum to the hi-hat stand so I wanted to experiment with using floor tom legs. It works much better and sounds good. I'm in the process of building a final version using a 5-lug tom from the MCT series.

Name:  DSC01795.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  DSC01796.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  85.8 KB

Name:  DSC01797.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  81.0 KB
    Last edited by MusicMan; 01-09-2019 at 05:45 PM.

7. life start at 125bpm

^^^^^
    with all the customizing you perform ,often on brand new drums, you should be called the DR frankendrum lol.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    ^^^^^
    with all the customizing you perform ,often on brand new drums, you should be called the DR frankendrum lol.
    LOL.

I just enjoy doing unique drum projects. Albeit, it's not a cheap hobby.

9. Registered User

I recently picked up a SSC in Sheer Blue which included a matching snare. I loved the kit, but I felt the snare was ehhh at best so I decided to look into a different snare because I recently sold my old Brass FF that was literally my only snare since the early 90's. I tried a Pork Pie BOB which sounded great at the local GC, but when I took it home I just couldn't get it to sound right even after different head combos and different tuning. After looking at different snares I decided on a 20 ply Reference in Twilight Fade. Wow I instantly fell in love. I really enjoy playing this snare. I liked it so much I bought a Reference Brass shell. Wow.. another awesome sounding snare (imo).

10. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by CZXfan View Post
    I just couldn't get it to sound right even after different head combos and different tuning. After looking at different snares I decided on a 20 pnly Referece in Twilight Fade. Wow I instantly fell in love. I really enjoy playing this snare. I liked it so much I bought a Reference Brass shell. Wow.. another awesome sounding snare (imo).

nice addition .you'll love it.seriously, the reference wood snare drum is probably THE best sounding-quality wood snare drum of the whole market.pearl nailed this drum big time with this 20 plies '''beast'''. it worth every dime and more.

just bought 2 new heads for the beast right this afternoon. a genera HD,and a controled sound who will share the duty with my trusty powerstroke X alternatively.....btw,i noticed gthat the price for quality heads increases all the time.

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

11. Registered User

I agree on the 20 ply. I got great deals on both snares; but still $$$. I think the Reference 20 ply is much more versatile than some give it credit for; definitely not just for heavy hitters. After trying different heads on the Reference snares I preferred the stock reso heads and Evan HD Genera for the batter. They cut down on the overtones without taking the top off the sound and rimshots still sound awesome.

12. life start at 125bpm

^^^
    honestly,the ref wood snare is at ease at medium to tight tuning. i even let it ring at different levels, hence the reasons i like to play between 3 different heads . i love the powerstroke X because it leaves just the right amount of ring going trough.......the controled sound is maybe a bit too much,it requires a square of alien jelly more or less. the genera HD,i don't even extra damp it,0 ring at all tuned tight. while the same can't be said about the brass version, i too think it's a versatile snare drum, still displaying tone gently played. it's a lot of snare for the price, super great value as far as i'm concerned.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's