Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169
Results 2,017 to 2,028 of 2028
  1. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    That's really nice looking. Where did you get that? I like the look of the Natal drums, but have never seen one in person. What's their "story"? Are they a "SJC" type of company or a "Canopus" type company? What are they similar to?
    It's probably just that the bands I like all come from the same circle of musicians (a certain English hard rock clique), but it seems to me that 90% of all drums in England these days are Natals. Everybody there seems to be using them for gigging, at least.

    I'm sure others will quickly shoot this down but looking at them from the outside, I'd compare them more to dDrum, Crush, or PDP than the companies you named.

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Were originally a UK percussion company in the 60's making congas used by Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and many others. More Recently, they were bought by Marshall (amps), and now make 3 lines, Arcadia (intermediate, birch/acrylic construction, drilled tom mounts), Cafe Racer (higher end, Tulip wood (a species of poplar) and the same shell hardware as the top line drums) and Originals (Offered in Birch, Ash, Maple and Walnut, top end drums, many size options).

    I bought that particular snare from my local music store, who stock Natal. Also, My grandfather is sort of endorsed by them, having bought one kit, and acting as promotion for them on his many gigs, and they swap his kit for a new one every few years, currently a walnut kit. Check out their website http://www.nataldrums.com
    Rush,

    One of my favorite drummers, Brian Tichy, used to be endorsed by Natal.

    MM
    2016 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5.5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  3. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    It's probably just that the bands I like all come from the same circle of musicians (a certain English hard rock clique), but it seems to me that 90% of all drums in England these days are Natals. Everybody there seems to be using them for gigging, at least.

    I'm sure others will quickly shoot this down but looking at them from the outside, I'd compare them more to dDrum, Crush, or PDP than the companies you named.
    Many drummers over here have made the switch, its the quality and value that they have, and the great customer service (I know the rep pretty well for my area), most gigging drummers use these, Tama, Yamaha, Pearl, DW, or Ludwig, just what suits and is available. We don't really get the US custom companies like OCDP, and there isn't a lot of PDP stuff, but there are some great independent drum makers, Tiki, Van Kleef Snares (Check them out), and the new company making waves here is the British Drum Company, who take high end drums a step further in design and detail. ( https://www.britishdrumco.com )
    Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    3 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  4. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    ...and the new company making waves here is the British Drum Company, who take high end drums a step further in design and detail. ( https://www.britishdrumco.com )
    I hope their drums are better than their website, which is non-existent. It says 2 1/2 months until the website is up... hmmm, weird?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  5. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I hope their drums are better than their website, which is non-existent. It says 2 1/2 months until the website is up... hmmm, weird?
    Must be in redevelopment D4L, Check their Facebook page though, they've made some waves since launching in 2015.
    Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    3 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  6. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Must be in redevelopment D4L, Check their Facebook page though, they've made some waves since launching in 2015.
    They need to work on their Internet presence and social media. I couldn't find an impressive video, picture, or sound file, anywhere.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  7. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    They need to work on their Internet presence and social media. I couldn't find an impressive video, picture, or sound file, anywhere.
    Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    3 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  8. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    It shows off Ian's excellent playing, but the drums (to me) look and sound very ordinary. They mention that the drum builder is self-taught, and is making the shells a "revolutionary way", but they never explain what's so special about their shell-making process.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  9. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    It shows off Ian's excellent playing, but the drums (to me) look and sound very ordinary. They mention that the drum builder is self-taught, and is making the shells a "revolutionary way", but they never explain what's so special about their shell-making process.
    I have to say that i've played some of their kits and snares, they've blown me away, and I wish I had space for another set, for me they're up there with the best, and bridge the gap between boutique custom drums, and the more common market kits. The craftsmanship is perfection, and all the lugs, hoops, and mounts are their own design, as are the finishes.
    Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    3 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Montreal,Quebec Canada
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Name:  396177_2579705541800_1529274869_31798860_1293480957_n.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  81.1 KB

    I have 3 more Snare but no Pictures One his DW brass 6"1/2 a black Grestch with gold harware 6 "1/2 and a Pearl 14" FFX white marching snare

    Name:  223319_1020143353720_1529274869_30048200_6281506_n.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  61.2 KB

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeStudio View Post
    I have 3 more Snare but no Pictures One his DW brass 6"1/2 a black Grestch with gold harware 6 "1/2 and a Pearl 14" FFX white marching snare
    I like the Neil Peart snare.
    2016 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5.5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  12. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeStudio View Post
    Name:  396177_2579705541800_1529274869_31798860_1293480957_n.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  81.1 KB

    I have 3 more Snare but no Pictures One his DW brass 6"1/2 a black Grestch with gold harware 6 "1/2 and a Pearl 14" FFX white marching snare

    Name:  223319_1020143353720_1529274869_30048200_6281506_n.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  61.2 KB
    The Snakes and Arrows snare (left) is really nice!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •