Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 235 of 238 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238 LastLast
Results 2,809 to 2,820 of 2851
  1. A Passion Play ...

Beautiful.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

2. PEARL EXX

Who has one of these, just a picture I seen online. I’m quite sure it all gone from pearl Name:  28B44788-7D21-4305-802B-41DF8BE70CE8.jpeg
Views: 118
Size:  88.6 KB

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I have never even seen a picture of it before. That’s teal nice looking.

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Picked this up yesterday. Tama 6.5 x14 Star Reserve single ply of steambent Japanese sendan. Tama only made forty of these worldwide and I feared I missed my chance when I procrastinated a few weeks ago. One turned up at a shop near Washington DC, a 25 mile drive away so I jumped on it. The wood is supposedly in the mahogany family but it seems to have more bite than Id expect from that wood when I tapped it. Beefy 3.0 mm mighty hoops and ten lugs instead of the usual eight that youd ordinarily find with Star drums, and a different style of lug as well. I look forward to playing it this weekend.
    That is a gorgeous drum steady! I hope you enjoy the sound as much as the looks! While I like the look of diecast hoops better, 3.0mm flange hoops are stronger than diecast, according to Gene Okamoto, Pearl legend. To be fair, he was specifically referring to DW True Hoops, but I bet the Tama hoops of the same thickness are similar in strength.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    That is a gorgeous drum steady! I hope you enjoy the sound as much as the looks! While I like the look of diecast hoops better, 3.0mm flange hoops are stronger than diecast, according to Gene Okamoto, Pearl legend. To be fair, he was specifically referring to DW True Hoops, but I bet the Tama hoops of the same thickness are similar in strength.
    Thanks Matt. Played the drum for a bit last night. Lovely tone and rimshots felt so solid. Gonna tune her up a bit higher today. Makes me wonder how these hoops would have fit with the copper hand-hammered Special Reserve snare. I adore that drum but the rims feel like theyll dent if you lay into them (actually they will).
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/sycamore)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) and Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

6. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Thanks Matt. Played the drum for a bit last night. Lovely tone and rimshots felt so solid. Gonna tune her up a bit higher today. Makes me wonder how these hoops would have fit with the copper hand-hammered Special Reserve snare. I adore that drum but the rims feel like they’ll dent if you lay into them (actually they will).
    That's why I sold those brass hoops immediately after I purchased the Copper Star Reserve. I don't know if Tama is making the 3.0mm flange hoops for 8 lug snare drums. If they decide they need them to achieve a specific sound, they will make them.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

7. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by NO DRUMS View Post
    Who has one of these, just a picture I seen online. Im quite sure it all gone from pearl Name:  28B44788-7D21-4305-802B-41DF8BE70CE8.jpeg
Views: 118
Size:  88.6 KB
    Pearl 50th Anniversary snare 1946-1996.

Were made in a few different finishes, Emerald Green (Germany), Yellow (Sweden)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Pearl USA | Nashville

8. PEARL EXX

Nice colors and I see they are running between $500-$800 bucks but does that price reflect the material being used or because it’s a Pearl 50th Anniversary snare 1946-1996. What I mean is which model snare is that without all the colored hardware and badge.

9. Registered User

Something is coming tomorrow 🙌🏾
    Attached Images Attached Images    

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Nice. I always wondered how Johnny did those inlays, unless that’s simply a stain design.

11. Registered User

From what I’ve seen, those are diamonds made of super thin layer of wood. Which are layed in a pattern.

The pattern goes on a strip and the strip getsayed in the wood itself.

https://youtu.be/9TJ7zL9sv68

These can be seen at the 5:17 mark.
    Last edited by musiqman; 10-04-2020 at 09:28 AM.

12. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Nice. I always wondered how Johnny did those inlays, unless that’s simply a stain design.
    My guess would be that they're all inlaid wood pieces, cut on a bevel and then laid and glued into the thin strip, which is put between 2 pieces of of the outer ply of the shell.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!