Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 210 of 214 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214 LastLast
Results 2,509 to 2,520 of 2563
  1. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Thanks Josh! It IS beautiful, but the greatest part of it is the sound and power. It's eye-opening. I'm changing to thicker sticks, and when I play this snare, I can't believe my ears!
    Don't forget hearing protection when you play your gorgeous snare (and kit)!

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    I have to get back to wearing my plugs. The last 2 days, I've been playing without, because I love the sound of the snare, and my new rack tom heads.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. J-Con

I have to get back to wearing my plugs. The last 2 days, I've been playing without, because I love the sound of the snare, and my new rack tom heads.
    I hear you there! I just put together a new snare (using a shell from Chris, aka MusicMan) and decided to do the toms as well. Fresh heads always sound so great but I can't wait to wear them in a little...

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Beautiful!

It looks so good with the kit as well. I like a contrast when it comes to the main snare's appearance but it needs to be complimentary to the the kit as a whole. This just looks so good Matt!
    Agree! That kit and snare + snare collection is beautiful! Look forward to some more videos D4L!

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    At some point we have to get your 6.5x14 Tama BB next to my Oriollo Bellmaker 65, and compare them, to see if one clearly outperforms the other. I can't believe the presence of this Oriollo.

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Agree! That kit and snare + snare collection is beautiful! Look forward to some more videos D4L!
    Thanks TM... busy with other stuff at the moment, but videos are definitely in the future!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

6. J-Con

I forgot what thread this was. Here's a pic of the snare.

Name:  image-150295661.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  77.6 KB

I put tubes and a newer strainer on a limited edition 13"x7" steel. Added steel tension rods and I guess Pearl started making 13" Mastercast hoops with 8 holes, so I picked up a set of those too. The top head is a Remo Controlled Sound coated. The bottom is a Diplomat Hazy. Threw on some Puresound Customs with my go to red cross grain ribbon. Special shout out to Chris (Music Man) for the deal on the shell and tension rods!

7. a.k.a. YtseJam

Here is my 6.5x14 Oriollo Bellmaker 65 set up on my kit. The sound is unbelievable. It is so full and powerful, yet has none of the weird overtones you sometimes get with a metal snare drum. The Tama hi-carbon snare wires really complement this drum.
    Attachment 516345
    This is exactly what I want to achieve, only in 13/7. I talked to Vukan about a shell - he's ready to do it, and gave me a very reasonable price, but I'm still looking for a suitable SLP snare for a parts donor. I was thinking about cannibalizing my G-Walnut which has the strainer/butt I need, but the tube lugs have to be shortened, and I have to buy two new diecast hoops, which are quite pricey here in Europe.

Speaking of hi-carbon Tama snares, MS20SN13C are virtually impossible to find, which really irritates me. I bought the "super sensitive" hi-carbon MS20RL13C wires, which flat out suck and I'm really disappointed with them.

What are the specs of your shell, 3mm? What shape are the bearing edges and snare beds? Did he drill it for you? And finally does it have any kind of coating? Thanks in advance.

8. Registered User

Man, that TAMA is a showstopper!

9. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    This is exactly what I want to achieve, only in 13/7. I talked to Vukan about a shell - he's ready to do it, and gave me a very reasonable price, but I'm still looking for a suitable SLP snare for a parts donor. I was thinking about cannibalizing my G-Walnut which has the strainer/butt I need, but the tube lugs have to be shortened, and I have to buy two new diecast hoops, which are quite pricey here in Europe.

Speaking of hi-carbon Tama snares, MS20SN13C are virtually impossible to find, which really irritates me. I bought the "super sensitive" hi-carbon MS20RL13C wires, which flat out suck and I'm really disappointed with them.

Well, the search continues on.
    Actually, if you buy a SLP G-Maple 7x13 (with the Tamo Ash veneer) you will get everything you need. Mine came with the hi-carbon wires to boot!

https://www.cymbalfusion.com/tama-sl...atin-tamo-ash/

On this site you can request a better price.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

10. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post

What are the specs of your shell, 3mm? What shape are the bearing edges and snare beds? Did he drill it for you? And finally does it have any kind of coating? Thanks in advance.
    I forgot to mention, the other problem is the finish. Vukan will not clearcoat the shells (most likely because of the time and trouble involved with doing it well). I had Vukan ship my shell to Chris at Drums on Sale... and he clearcoated the outside of the shell only. The inside was too difficult due to the shell sticker. So the inside is natural, and the outside is coated... which is fine with me.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. a.k.a. YtseJam

I do have a G-maple and it is my main snare, which is why I don't want to sacrifice it for parts. The original snares on it broke and after not being able to find the same hi-carbon ones, I broke down and got regular 13" snares, which are not as good, but still better than the "super sensitive" ones which suck.

I have bad experience with cymbalfusion, so I'll pass on them, thanks, haha. I was actually hoping to find an used or damaged G-maple, but they're unfortunately not so popular and the used market for them is virtually nonexistent.

The reason for being more willing to cannibalize the G-walnut is that I really don't like its sound, and so far it's been impossible to sell.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    I forgot what thread this was. Here's a pic of the snare.
    Special shout out to Chris (Music Man) for the deal on the shell and tension rods!
    Looks great! I'm glad it went to a good home.
    Last edited by MusicMan; 01-16-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT