Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254
Results 3,037 to 3,046 of 3046
  1. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by drmmrr View Post
    This one is my main snare, black nickel over brass, good attack, and nice fat tone. 14" X 6.5" My small room snare is my stock 14" X 6.5" Pearl Roadshow
    You can add the new 5-position butt plate to that drum. They are available at online retailers like Musician's Friend and Drum Factory Direct.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Reverb Listings ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay Auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Catchem View Post
    It's an absolute cannon when you lean into it, but it's got a wildly sensitive response as well. A really unique metal sound - I'll be grabbing some sounds this weekend when I get my new audio interface up and running.

This is pretty remarkably close to the "Superunknown" sound - Matt Cameron has played a 14" x 7" Keplinger for a long time.

-C
    If your interface doesn't work, you should buy mine... Focusrite 16-Channel Clarett system.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE

3. Registered User

Took the boys out for picture day. I have several Tama Snares, among others, but these are the Stars of my collection. All right, the Simon Phillips anniversary snare technically is not a Star, but it shares the same type and number of lugs, so I included it. The metal drums lack Matt’s mods lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/emerald curly maple)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Took the boys out for picture day. I have several Tama Snares, among others, but these are the Stars of my collection. All right, the Simon Phillips anniversary snare technically is not a Star, but it shares the same type and number of lugs, so I included it. The metal drums lack Matt’s mods lol.
    Wow! That's an arsenal!

My Guru InTense ash ovangkol segmented snare arrived today. This drum is probably the nicest wood snare I've ever played or owned. It's incredibly light and it's tuning range is huge. Such an amazing drum.

Name:  20220122_160427.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  78.5 KB

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Wow! That's an arsenal!

My Guru InTense ash ovangkol segmented snare arrived today. This drum is probably the nicest wood snare I've ever played or owned. It's incredibly light and it's tuning range is huge. Such an amazing drum.

Name:  20220122_160427.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  78.5 KB
    Thanks and congratulations on your Guru! Andy and Dean made wood drums as good as any on the planet. They’ve become rare and when I parted with one because of its 13” diameter (I’m a 14” player only), there were plenty of folks waiting to buy it. My remaining three Guru snares are cherished.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/emerald curly maple)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

6. Registered User

Thanks and congratulations on your Guru! Andy and Dean made wood drums as good as any on the planet. They’ve become rare and when I parted with one because of its 13” diameter (I’m a 14” player only), there were plenty of folks waiting to buy it. My remaining three Guru snares are cherished.
    It's an amazing drum and being a big fan of wood hoops I can't wait to see how it feels and plays with the segmented ovangkol hoops. Have you had any experience with HHG? Their shop is in Harrisburg and I'm going to pay a visit soon. This snare at 14x7 only weighs 5.2 lbs.! I'll shave a few more ounces off with the hoop swap for sure.

I'm giving my nephew one of the SONOR snares but haven't decided yet. I'm restoring the cottonwood and have new SONOR t rods on the way. I'll probably get new lugs too, the Greb is a really great drum but I'm leaning towards taking my time with the cottonwood and giving him the already stock drum. Any opinions on which is a better gift? He's 15 btw and can play. He has the potential to be very good and if he sticks with it could have one of these as a lifetime drum.

Name:  20220123_220528.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  20220123_220533.jpg
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  20220123_220538.jpg
Size:  52.8 KB

Name:  20220123_220542.jpg
Size:  53.5 KB

7. Registered User

Name:  20220123_220546.jpg
Size:  50.6 KB

The Guru and Oriollo along with my Origin Dark Ride will be in my will.

8. Playing since 1976

Those are some nice snares steady! I like the Star Reserves with original hardware too... what a selection!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE

9. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    It's an amazing drum and being a big fan of wood hoops I can't wait to see how it feels and plays with the segmented ovangkol hoops. Have you had any experience with HHG? Their shop is in Harrisburg and I'm going to pay a visit soon. This snare at 14x7 only weighs 5.2 lbs.! I'll shave a few more ounces off with the hoop swap for sure.

I'm giving my nephew one of the SONOR snares but haven't decided yet. I'm restoring the cottonwood and have new SONOR t rods on the way. I'll probably get new lugs too, the Greb is a really great drum but I'm leaning towards taking my time with the cottonwood and giving him the already stock drum. Any opinions on which is a better gift? He's 15 btw and can play. He has the potential to be very good and if he sticks with it could have one of these as a lifetime drum.

Name:  20220123_220528.jpg
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  20220123_220533.jpg
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  20220123_220538.jpg
Size:  52.8 KB

Name:  20220123_220542.jpg
Size:  53.5 KB
    You're showing off some nice snares too! Thanks for sharing!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    You're showing off some nice snares too! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks Matt. Minus a small diameter shell like a 12, I feel like I can cover every base with the bronze shell and the Guru. For a 7" deep drum, the Guru is amazingly light and kind of defies what I've come to expect from 6.5" and deeper drums. It's really crisp and lively and the tuning range is incredibly wide. I balked at the prices when they were new but nearly acquired one and then they were gone and shuttered! Much like Brady, the market is kinda crazy now and one that's too rich for me. Luckily, in my case, the seller couldn't have been more fair and accepted an offer equivalent to what a new drum would have cost when they were in production. Pretty unbelievable when so few of these are even out there. I have to pass along the courtesy in a future transaction for sure.