Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219
Results 2,617 to 2,623 of 2623
  1. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Very nice Marv, you got a nice one!
    Thanks Matt. The CL lugs covered too much of the figuring.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post

You can decide not to appreciate a finer quality drum, but at least educate yourself before you type a pile gibberish that has no basis in fact.
    While I am no expert, prior to seeing the video about Joyful Noise, and doing some further digging, their product did seem like overpriced, overhyped nonsense. The lugs do LOOK common, the shells seem nothing out of the ordinary....it seemed like a name and perceived quality.

That said, having now seen the video and having done some independent research, I, too, was wrong. That company does put some serious care and thought into their instrument.

Yes, should the OP done some research prior to his comment? Sure. But to go on the automatic attack seems unfair. Having been a longtime lurker, it is clear that the two of you do not get along, and while this is fine, a polite reply of "hey, I think you're misguided, check this video out", or something along those lines, would've been much better received by the OP and anyone who saw it.

I do thank you, and everyone else who chimed in, just the same on the education. While Joyful Noise drums are still not something I would be interested in, at least I know more about the brand and the product that they offer.

Can't we all just get along? The world is messed up enough. Music should be about bonding and sharing a collective love and enthusiasm. Or maybe I'm just a hopeless dreamer.

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    A bit lengthy, but just about everything you need to know about these drums can be found here: https://www.drummercafe.com/music-in...cumentary.html
    I just watched about half the video and I basically get the gist of it. JNís approach is quite frankly very similar to my approach for KCAP. He has original ideas & designs and he finds ways to outsource to build whatís in his head.

The frustrating part about that approach was I found I was spending more time trying to find people willing to be involved and build my custom needs than I was involved in the research & design itself. It would be nice if this outsourcing wasnít necessary, but thereís absolutely no way any small company can get off the ground without doing so.

This is where price is affected. Everyone of these companies that are involved need to make a percentage of profit usually around the same margin the company that uses them. With all of those custom ideas and needs to get those drums together, it is no surprise that JNís drums are as expensive as they are. And itís great to see that for those who bought them seem very happy with their results.

Unlike a standard drum company, what Iíve done with KCAP is outside the box, but I thought the products being different would allow it to find its niche and placement in the industry. Unfortunately, what Iíve attempted to add to the market just wasnít anywhere near appreciated or needed as I was hoping. Iím okay with that.

There is one thing about the industry that bothered me though and the fact the products are different just opened up the door for ignorant bashing by some was too easy for them. It was not so much about the product itself, that I can take. Iíve been playing music outside the box for so long that I understand my artistic expressions are not loved by all, but when people are saying what Iím doing with KCAP is a ďrip-offĒ I want to scream in each of their faces the cost list I have. Itís that ignorance that really gets under my skin.

As an owner of a different very successful small business as well as KCAP and as a participant on these forums for almost as long, I found it is so easy for people to sit back and judge others. If these people only had the courage to take some chances in their life or at least appreciate those who do, maybe they will see they should not be so selfish in thinking these companies need to do what they want at a price they dream of. Thereís a lot more to a business than many of these people think. Sadly though, even if you opened your books up to people, many wouldnít care and still want what they want or would even say they could do it better. To them I say what I cannot say, at least here.

4. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbyfailure View Post
    While I am no expert, prior to seeing the video about Joyful Noise, and doing some further digging, their product did seem like overpriced, overhyped nonsense. The lugs do LOOK common, the shells seem nothing out of the ordinary....it seemed like a name and perceived quality.

That said, having now seen the video and having done some independent research, I, too, was wrong. That company does put some serious care and thought into their instrument.

Yes, should the OP done some research prior to his comment? Sure. But to go on the automatic attack seems unfair. Having been a longtime lurker, it is clear that the two of you do not get along, and while this is fine, a polite reply of "hey, I think you're misguided, check this video out", or something along those lines, would've been much better received by the OP and anyone who saw it.

I do thank you, and everyone else who chimed in, just the same on the education. While Joyful Noise drums are still not something I would be interested in, at least I know more about the brand and the product that they offer.

Can't we all just get along? The world is messed up enough. Music should be about bonding and sharing a collective love and enthusiasm. Or maybe I'm just a hopeless dreamer.

Did you bother to go back a few posts and read the whole dialogue? Obviously not. singleflammedmill posted a picture of his JN snare on the “show us your snare” thread. I’m guessing he did this because he was excited about his drum and wanted to share with his forum friends. MM posted a response that was both hurtful and misguided. D4L, Steady, and singleflammedmill attempted to provide some information based on knowledge and ownership of the product. Then Steady posted a pic of one of his JN’s and MM responded with the same negativity. You see, whether it’s someone posting a picture of his Forums or Masterworks, they all do so to share their pride and excitement.

I think D4L, Steady, and singleflammedmill all responded respectfully. As for MM, sometimes it’s best to say nothing especially about a product which you have no experience.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbyfailure View Post

I would stick to lurking and dreaming.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    What is the mahogany one without the label above the EXR snare?
    That was an excact snare like the other EXR. Took off the Strata White, stained it, oiled it and bought new lugs and hoops.
    Except for hoops and lugs, I did the same with a whole EXR kit.
    Name:  B069B13F-BF82-4447-9C1A-3F37B14FB6DB.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  72.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by drumand View Post
    That was an excact snare like the other EXR. Took off the Strata White, stained it, oiled it and bought new lugs and hoops.
    Except for hoops and lugs, I did the same with a whole EXR kit.
    Name:  B069B13F-BF82-4447-9C1A-3F37B14FB6DB.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  72.2 KB
    Very nice work... that's a rich finish you'd expect to see on Pearl's higher-end drums.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE