Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 204 of 205 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205 LastLast
Results 2,437 to 2,448 of 2455
  1. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by singleflammedmill View Post
    Here's a group pic.
    Beautiful collection C!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Beautiful collection C!
    Thanks D4L.

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    52

    Default YAMAHA Carbon Custom Review

    It's a great collectors piece being as rare as it is but you be the judge.


  4. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitadrum View Post
    It's a great collectors piece being as rare as it is but you be the judge.

    You need to get a wood hooped Gadd snare if you haven't already
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    You need to get a wood hooped Gadd snare if you haven't already
    I have the 13 and 14 maple but no black wood hoops.....I would be to scared to mark them

  6. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitadrum View Post
    I have the 13 and 14 maple but no black wood hoops.....I would be to scared to mark them
    I have the 14 birch, and i'm debating putting black triple flange or DW true hoops on instead to make it more gig-able, Its my favourite studio drum though.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    2,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by singleflammedmill View Post
    Here's a group pic.
    Such an extraordinary collection Charles. Our tastes are so similar.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut kit in Japenese sen indigo burst
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) and Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

  8. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by singleflammedmill View Post
    Thanks D4L.
    My favorite snares in that bunch are the Joyful Noise tailpipe (in the middle), the deeper Unix with the reverse burst, in the middle (that matches one of your kits), and that Joyful Noise second from the bottom... I think that's a conquered copper... but I'm not sure.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Such an extraordinary collection Charles. Our tastes are so similar.
    Thanks steadypocket!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    My favorite snares in that bunch are the Joyful Noise tailpipe (in the middle), the deeper Unix with the reverse burst, in the middle (that matches one of your kits), and that Joyful Noise second from the bottom... I think that's a conquered copper... but I'm not sure.
    Those are a brass TKO, a stave walnut and a Conquered Copper (you were right).

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    23

    Default Two more to the collection :)

    My wife is starting to call me the snare whisperer after bringing these two beauties home today. The Ludwig is a 1976 Supraphonic with the super sensitive strainer and is just amazing sounding. The Rogers is a Dynasonic COB , very early 70's possibly even a 69 with the very rare strainer gate that functions like a super sensitive. Both beautiful drums come from a collector who is downsizing. Although the stuff he is keeping is mind blowing. I am grateful to have been able to snag these today
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeanDean View Post
    My wife is starting to call me the snare whisperer after bringing these two beauties home today. The Ludwig is a 1976 Supraphonic with the super sensitive strainer and is just amazing sounding. The Rogers is a Dynasonic COB , very early 70's possibly even a 69 with the very rare strainer gate that functions like a super sensitive. Both beautiful drums come from a collector who is downsizing. Although the stuff he is keeping is mind blowing. I am grateful to have been able to snag these today
    Nice set of vintage snare drums!

    I have to keep my collection in cases and storage so my wife doesn't see when things "come and go" from the collection.
    Last edited by MusicMan; 10-19-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,049

    Default

    Hi,

    Here are my custom Pearl Sensitone olive wood snare drums in 14x5 and 14x6.5 sizes.

    They both feature 5.4mm shells, ARL- series swivel lugs, SRL-150 strainer, and Fat Tone hoops. Satin natural finish.

    STA1450OL and STA1465OL.

    Name:  STA1450OL -1.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  60.8 KB

    Name:  STA1465OL-1.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  78.7 KB

    Name:  STA1465OL-2.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  73.8 KB

    Name:  STA1450OL-2.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  58.5 KB
    Last edited by MusicMan; 10-19-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •