Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 35
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    718

    Default My new PEARL Fiberglass Rock kit, Egyptian finish with pics.

    Anyone who can tell me if its late 70's or from the begining of the 80's?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  2. Rockin' the Cosmos..

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sirius-2DS
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    I do believe those badges are late 70's .. but BarJack would know as I remember he posted info on this exact kit awhile back.

    Congrats on kit and it's rare to boot.

  3. Ew, is that a snake?

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    5,030

    Default

    WICKED! That's mid-70's for sure. I haven't found a single Pearl colour sheet after 1975 that offered the Egyptian finish. The catalogue page is from 1974.

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Not sure, it may be wrong, cause all tom mounts from 1970-1975 show non-round types, and the 74'ish catalogue suddenly shows round ones, it may be more like 76, 78 catalogue also shows round tom mounts on the bass.

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    vancouver, B.C
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    I'm really, really jealous of this kit. I LOVED my wood & fiberglass drums and I really want a fiberglass kit with a 24" kick drum.
    Fiberglass nerd; sizes: 22", 16x2, 14x2, 13, 10, 8

    Current Project: 14x6 Pearl Fiberglass Snare conversion

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    718

    Default

    The kit have the new type of tom mounts so i think Ringo1978 is right.

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    I do believe those badges are late 70's .. but BarJack would know as I remember he posted info on this exact kit awhile back.

    Congrats on kit and it's rare to boot.
    Thanks

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    545

    Default

    That's pretty dang cool! I've never seen a kit like that before... Nice acquisition bro. So, Borge how many kits does that make for you now? You're gonna need a bigger house!!!

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Very nice finish, not seen any of them before, mostly one color finishes, mine is gold, it was sold many times i believe.

    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...s-kit-mid-70-s

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StixNSkins View Post
    That's pretty dang cool! I've never seen a kit like that before... Nice acquisition bro. So, Borge how many kits does that make for you now? You're gonna need a bigger house!!!
    Haha..
    Well i have a huge DLX kit, GLX with 2 bassdrums, a small DX rock kit and this one!
    But i just have cymbals and hardware for one kit.
    This one was so cool that i couldn't let it go.

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo1978 View Post
    Very nice finish, not seen any of them before, mostly one color finishes, mine is gold, it was sold many times i believe.

    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...s-kit-mid-70-s
    A friend of mine have the same kit in gold.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •