Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    Which one you thinking of? The maple deluxe is the original black panther snare that has a black panther sticker inside shell. Mapex simply changed names and began calling them Black Panther in 90's. Same exact thin 6mm shells and sound sweet if I must say so. Very resonate and woody.

90's orion snares were thicker then todays versions. Mine are 8.1 mm thick and is perfect for rock/metal .. etc etc
    Well i know nothing about Mapex snares and i hoped the babylonian snare sounded close to other Black panther's..

2. 3pc. FTW!!!

that is a hella wicked finish. i wonder if i could get some sick etching on my project like that. probably have to pay for it out the nose tho
    Absolute Past

everything will not be made right

Absolute Future

3. Registered User

Update..sold this kit to a friend of mine a while back. But now it is comming back home with a wood 12" tom in the same finish! New pics will come. Only sad thing is that my friend have upgraded the bassdrum with new spurs and new brackets on the floortom..

4. DRUM and VINTAGE GURU

Judging by the tom holders..look like 75-76 ish
    I'm the designer and owner of the original COMET SPARKLE kit..

My Gear- Open a Pearl catalog.Yeah, all that stuff is mine....

5. Registered User

Got this beauty a while back. Wood fiberglass and 24" like the fiberglass i have. Not sure how different they will sound. The wierd thing with this is the tom mount is more to the middle on this one. The 70's earlie 80's it was placed more to the front. It have som none original claws and screws but i have spare one's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. Rockin' the Cosmos..

cool find DLX!

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    cool find DLX!
    Thanks

8. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by DLX100# View Post
    24" like the fiberglass i have .. Not sure how different they will sound.
    hey again .. well I've played/owned both .. the wood-fiberglass won't be as IN YOUR FACE and LOUD .. the wood fiberglass will have a warm woody low-end but with the added projection of fiberglass lining it projects better than an all wood shell .. All Fiberglass shells are LOUD and sizzly/harsh in a way .. if that makes sense .. I dunno .. haha

9. Registered User

Hey Guys I have one of these kits all original except for the mounting screws on the bass drum Spurs I brought it to Australia 19yrs ago and owned it some 5 or so years prior to that . From memory I paid 250 GBP and the guy threw in a Pearl syncussion 2 Chanel brain and 2 toms, I'm sort of guessing it's the only one in Australia . When I purchased it I took it to a drum store to get it serviced and was told by the store owner that there were only about 5 kits ever made don't know if this is true. I will post some pictures shortly it's been stored in cases for quite some time now.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris c View Post
    Hey Guys I have one of these kits all original except for the mounting screws on the bass drum Spurs I brought it to Australia 19yrs ago and owned it some 5 or so years prior to that . From memory I paid 250 GBP and the guy threw in a Pearl syncussion 2 Chanel brain and 2 toms, I'm sort of guessing it's the only one in Australia . When I purchased it I took it to a drum store to get it serviced and was told by the store owner that there were only about 5 kits ever made don't know if this is true. I will post some pictures shortly it's been stored in cases for quite some time now.
    Well get them out of the cases and post some pics! Look forward to seeing them Chris!