Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,045 to 1,056 of 1073
  1. The Hardware Guy

China Trash or Trash Splash? I thought the splashes only came in 9" and 11", so I assume it's a China

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    That's awesome! I recently picked up yet another splash. An 8" oriental trash. It sounds awful by itself but wicked under an 8" trashformer!
    Thanks Josh! It's fun to make up your own stacks and test them out. I've never come up with a good combination myself, but I see plenty of other drummers do it successfully.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Registered User

Nice D4L! Look like there straight off the showroom floor!

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Nice D4L! Look like there straight off the showroom floor!
    They really do... and they sound nice too!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. J-Con

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    China Trash or Trash Splash? I thought the splashes only came in 9" and 11", so I assume it's a China
    China trash, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Thanks Josh! It's fun to make up your own stacks and test them out. I've never come up with a good combination myself, but I see plenty of other drummers do it successfully.
    It is fun. I will say that the trashformers make the best stacks. And they're super affordable. Definitely worth looking into.

6. The Hardware Guy

China trash, sorry.
    I'd still like to pick up either of the splashes, but probably the 11" more so, to put in place of the Meinl I have. I think it would be a nice compliment to the inverted Stagg splash I use as a trashy splash to ride on instead of hi hats sometimes.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

7. Playing since 1976

It is fun. I will say that the trashformers make the best stacks. And they're super affordable. Definitely worth looking into.
    They also leave lots of space between it and the cymbal you stack it with, which would probably add to the action and volume you get when striking the stack. I have 3 stacks already, but I will keep an eye out for a transformer.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. Registered User

I found a killer way to clean cymbals.

A sure way to clean this and and any other cymbal so you won't have to clean this again, you'll need a few things: First, you need to either rent or purchase a we'll say a heavy hand held buffer with a, I don't know if I got the spelling right but I'll try,Schlegle buffing pad. They are the thickest and best. Next you'll need to purchase rubbing compound by 3M part # 05954 which will cost you about $40 for

a quart. Now for the set-up. You'll need an old rug to lay the cymbal on preferably thick. Then, 4 short pieces of 2x4 to lay the cymbal on. Do the bottom first with the buffer and when through, wipe off the

remaining excess with a clean soft rag. Now, flip it over and do the top. Remember to keep the buffer moving unless you've got a stubborn area. Wipe off the excess and then after all is said and done, do

not polish with a wax but with "chrome" cleaner to blend everything in. Chrome cleaner dries like a powder so after applying, let set for about 20 minutes. Believe me my friend, you hear of talk about using this cleaner or don't use brass cleaner it's all a bunch of Poppycock. You'll be amazed on how you're cymbal turns out. Like chrome only a cymbal color. People are afraid they might ruin the sound but actually, it brings back the brilliance like when it was new. And you won't have to go out and spend $3,000 for an actual cymbal cleaning machine. Give it a try, you can't screw anything up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by ruggycat6201 View Post
    I found a killer way to clean cymbals.

A sure way to clean this and and any other cymbal so you won't have to clean this again, you'll need a few things: First, you need to either rent or purchase a we'll say a heavy hand held buffer with a, I don't know if I got the spelling right but I'll try,Schlegle buffing pad. They are the thickest and best. Next you'll need to purchase rubbing compound by 3M part # 05954 which will cost you about $40 for

a quart. Now for the set-up. You'll need an old rug to lay the cymbal on preferably thick. Then, 4 short pieces of 2x4 to lay the cymbal on. Do the bottom first with the buffer and when through, wipe off the

remaining excess with a clean soft rag. Now, flip it over and do the top. Remember to keep the buffer moving unless you've got a stubborn area. Wipe off the excess and then after all is said and done, do

not polish with a wax but with "chrome" cleaner to blend everything in. Chrome cleaner dries like a powder so after applying, let set for about 20 minutes. Believe me my friend, you hear of talk about using this cleaner or don't use brass cleaner it's all a bunch of Poppycock. You'll be amazed on how you're cymbal turns out. Like chrome only a cymbal color. People are afraid they might ruin the sound but actually, it brings back the brilliance like when it was new. And you won't have to go out and spend $3,000 for an actual cymbal cleaning machine. Give it a try, you can't screw anything up.
    Your method is nothing new. While it will make a cymbal shiny, I disagree with you on several things. First, you said that you’ll never have to clean the cymbal again. Of course you will. Your method will not prevent future oxidation and tarnish. Second, rubbing compound is abrasive and will remove material from your cymbals. Third, you said you can’t screw anything up. It looks like you screwed up the logo. There are cymbal cleaners that are much easier to use, won’t remove material, and are logo friendly.
    Also, is there any reason you start new paragraphs mid sentence?
    Last edited by quicksticks; 01-06-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

10. Mirkko DeMaio

Guys-
    Just got this beautiful Zildjian china prototype 20" (based on the K line), very thin trashy and complex-
    This cymbal has been selected by Mama's Music Store (my local store) team in the Zildjian factory, i'm so happy, it sounds beautiful!

Name:  49535945_10157461290659523_1794720426153213952_n.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  55.9 KB

Name:  49608220_10157461290879523_2613522019483910144_n.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  62.0 KB
    Drummer for THE FLOWER KINGS & MIND KEY

http://www.Facebook.com/MirkkoDeMaioFanPage

11. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkko DeMaio View Post
    Guys-
    Just got this beautiful Zildjian china prototype 20" (based on the K line), very thin trashy and complex-
    This cymbal has been selected by Mama's Music Store (my local store) team in the Zildjian factory, i'm so happy, it sounds beautiful!

Name:  49535945_10157461290659523_1794720426153213952_n.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  55.9 KB

Name:  49608220_10157461290879523_2613522019483910144_n.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  62.0 KB
    I bet it sounds as nice as it looks!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

12. Registered User

Looks great! Possible sound sample Mirkko?