Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Neel

Cool Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Nouveau in Sea Blue Fade

After getting almost all of my stuff taken a few months ago, I have spent some time slowly building things back up. I am now pretty comfortable with the way things are, and not really looking to expand or replace anything else. The original thread where I posted the "work in progress" version of the kit is here.

Birch Custom Absolute Nouveau in Sea Blue Fade. For those who don't know, this kit used to belong to Mike (KickassDrummer).
    10x8
    12x9
    14x14
    16x16
    22x18

Snare drums
    14x5 70's Suraphonic (read about the 60 dollar find and cleaning process here.
    14x6.5 70's Supraphonic (about to undergo the same cleaning treatment)
    Pearl Eric Singer signature snare

Cymbals (all sabian, but I am not necessarily about brand loyalty)
    14" AA Rock hats
    16" AA Studio crash
    16" HHXtreme crash
    18" AAXplosion crash
    21" HH Raw Bell Dry Ride
    16" AAXplosion signed by Jojo Mayer, Derico Watson, and Lou Santiago

Hardware is a mixture of yamaha boom stands, tama pedal and hi-hat stand, pearl snare stand, and pork pie throne.

Other items: LP hi-hat jingler, LP Cowbell (don't have a mount yet, not in much of a hurry), drumbal (garbage), stuffed snake (potential names: Julius, Carl, open to suggestions)

I also just picked up some sort of home theater cabinet that is perfect for snares and other things; iron cobra case, some hardware, extra heads, pearl brand cymbals that came with my forum over 7 years ago. I have actually screwed the white basket onto the sliding shelf utilizing some holes that were already there to fasten a cd rack.

That about covers it. It's a shame that my camera is incapable of taking any sort of decent indoor picture, but you get the idea. Potential changes (despite being "final") are mounting the cowbell (probably between the ride and 12 inch), changing the bass reso to a white one, and adding some sort of effects drum. I actually had a 6 inch rototom that I won on ebay, but the seller flaked out and never sent it. I am still considering adding a 6 or 8 inch roto tom, some sort of mini timbale, or something else like that. The kit is now essentially in its final state, unlike the last time I posted a thread about it.

2. Registered User

I'm glad you're getting things back up to snuff again. There's nothing that infuriates me more than the theft of an individuals equipment. It's looking very nice. In my opinion, Yamaha makes some of the best sounding drums, both in the maple and birch absolute series. My Yamaha Maple Custom Absolutes are permanent fixtures in my studio.

Dennis

3. A Passion Play ...

Beautiful Yammies !!! Awesome gear !!!
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

4. Neel

Thanks for the comments! I've discussed the theft in great detail in other threads, so I won't drag it into this thread. I am in love with this new gear, and I am still in love with the cymbals and 6.5 supra that were not stolen.

5. Registered User

Awesome set... absolutes are the ****.

6. AKA Shaggy

Neel, seeing those in good hands makes a brother feel good And it also makes me want my new tubs all the more badly! So glad you're enjoying them. Yamaha drums are a treat to play.
    The man called Shaggy.

7. Neel

Thanks for the comments. The drums are definitely both in good hands and a blast to play. I'm amazed that nobody has expressed interest in picking up your other kit. Are you going to consider putting it on ebay?

8. anti-shark cage?

Looks fantastic, Neel. That finish is gorgeous!
    A bit of a strange setup, but different setups are cool to try out!

9. Neel

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Looks fantastic, Neel. That finish is gorgeous!
    A bit of a strange setup, but different setups are cool to try out!
    Thanks! Out of curiosity, what exactly do you think is strange about it? I know the cymbals are placed a bit oddly, but I find it to be pretty comfortable. The tiny cymbal off to the right is the oddest spot, but it allows me to get a very quick crash in after a roll on my lowest tom. The AAxplosion by the ride is positioned in such a way that I can ride it without beating it to hard or lifting my arm up to high, but it is still very crashable.

10. Registered User

Default if I ever buy a new kit

it will probably be a Yamaha. Yours look excellent, and I really like the stereo cabinet storage idea. I'm going home to size up my old cabinet!

11. AKA Shaggy

Quote Originally Posted by Ignodium View Post
    Thanks for the comments. The drums are definitely both in good hands and a blast to play. I'm amazed that nobody has expressed interest in picking up your other kit. Are you going to consider putting it on ebay?
    I might have to, but Ebay just sucks right now for high-end drums. But I'm seriously considering it.
    The man called Shaggy.

12. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignodium View Post
    Thanks! Out of curiosity, what exactly do you think is strange about it? I know the cymbals are placed a bit oddly, but I find it to be pretty comfortable. The tiny cymbal off to the right is the oddest spot, but it allows me to get a very quick crash in after a roll on my lowest tom. The AAxplosion by the ride is positioned in such a way that I can ride it without beating it to hard or lifting my arm up to high, but it is still very crashable.
    The cymbal stands and how the arms are all the way extended, and the toms cranked all the way to the left. The setup looks kinda unbalanced. Everything looks like it might tip over.
    I love your kit, tho!!