Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tenor man 36
    well the snare in my posts above has undergone some changes(:
    now here it is with a custom finish to resemble the cavaliers,first i removed the old wrap, sanded the drum, then it was stained red, then masked with stripes, painted black, took the tape off, clear cloat, and here ya go!
    Are are like that but green and black.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by funk_drum View Post
    Here is mine. It's from the 2009 Blue Knights line. The entire line was returned to Pearl and sold through a local shop. There were two left when I bought this one. A used one and this. It was brand new in the box in the bag with factory heads on it. I was shocked! This has a custom wrap and all the hardware on it is chromed aluminum, not brushed or polished aluminum. I bought the Evans heads for it and put it back in the box. In essence, this is a brand new CarbonPly snare. It sounds and looks amazing and as for as I know is only 1 of 7.

That is the coolest drum I think I've ever seen. EVER. I mean it.

3. Registered User

Well finally got my dream snare. I understand this is supposed to be pics mostly but here's a video. Don't comment on the playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96K43...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by ajcf1995; 12-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.

4. is ridiculous...

Here is one of my four marching snares:
    Name:  SDC16805.jpg
Views: 3064
Size:  46.1 KB

It's one of the Yamaha MTS snares, but I've removed the upper snares and refinished the entire thing. It was originally a stock silver wrap with the grey/silver hardware; but I stripped the hardware down to the bare aluminum and sprayed everything with two coats of Rustoleum Truck-bed Liner. Then I stripped the wrap (which was glued all the way around) and stained the shell with Cabot "Ebony" wood stain and finished it off with two coats of Minwax High-Gloss Polyurethane.

I'll post pictures of the rest of my drums when I get around to taking some photos of them. I had five of them at one point, but I sold one to a student after I had done the shell refinishing. I'll have to get some better shots of that as well.
    Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks
    Yamaha MTS Snare| Innovative Percussion Sticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

5. Registered User

Nice drums! I don't know if this qualifies but I had an old Pearl free floating marching drum shell just sitting around. I striped off the shell because it looked horrible, then I doweled up the stock vents sanded it and cut a top bearing edge. I Painted it with black hammered paint put on lugs die cast hoops, Trick throw,and die cast air vent. I put an Aquarian Hi energy on top Evans Hazy 300 and Puresound blasters on bottom. I cant tune it as high as when it was a marching snare but it sounds great. It was nice to give it new life again, its now a 10 x 14.
    Name:  IMG_0946.JPG
Views: 1069
Size:  147.7 KBName:  IMG_0947.JPG
Views: 1047
Size:  134.9 KB
    Last edited by zarrdoss; 12-09-2012 at 10:42 AM.

6. Registered User

Mr. Intensity, you should have painted the strainer. Now it just looks a little odd IMO.

7. Noize Maker

Not mine but the South Brunswick, New Jersey drumline sure have a sweet set up.
    Name:  SBNJSETUP.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  69.1 KB

MASTERS ARMY

8. Registered User

I've been interested in the Kansas State University Drumline for quite a while, and was thrilled to find out they were selling their "old" Pearl's because they're getting all new Yamaha's. I was even more excited that the whole shebang was only $250! Very reasonable, as I am only 15. It's tuned oh so beautifully with a Remo White Max on top and a Falams II Snare side. I've only ever played on older Pearls that were never really kept in the best of shape, so this is quite a jump.

9. Registered User

You bought everything in that picture for $250? If so, you got a great deal!

10. mrjoshfryer

I think this would still count. This old Rogers from 64. I love it so much. It's a 15"x12" ten lug snare. It's the silver and gold snare. I use it more on the kit as a floor Tom but it sounds amazing as medium/high pitch snare.

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bbeckpercussion View Post
    You bought everything in that picture for $250? If so, you got a great deal!
    Yep! All the sticks are mine, but everything there was $250. I got a stand and a case too. It's not as fancy looking as the newer pearl cases, but I think it protects it just as well. And also, two of the feet are missing on the stand. Like, the little black things that you can pull out. Any idea where to get replacements? It's not an issue, as I practice on carpet, but it would be nice to have.

12. Registered User

My Brand new snare.