Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Pipe Band Drumming

Does anyone read this section of the forum anymore? Let's hear a shout out from pipe drummers out there.

2. Registered User

Hi there,
    I play with The Fraser Cheam Regional Pipe Band in Chilliwack B.C. Canada.
    I am the Lead Tip and led the Band to 2009 Grade V first place at the B.C. Legion Highland Gathering, both Band, and Drum Corps.
    We have been invited to play in Seattle WA next July 2011 for a huge International Lions Convention.
    Unfortunately we play Andante Drums.....sorry about that. (We belong to a Society that has three Pipe Bands and all the others had Andante, so we had to get the same, for economy reasons........."personally" I would rather have had Pearl)
    Just found this site when I saw that someone was asking about Shaw sticks, and I think they have been taken over by Andante, as I have a pair that say Shaw, and Andante after the brand name Shaw......they are nice sticks.

Brian S. Campbell.

3. Registered User

Yeah I have just joined the Colchester & District Pipes & Drums band and I will read it.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LCD View Post
    Does anyone read this section of the forum anymore? Let's hear a shout out from pipe drummers out there.
    I just signed up yesterday, so I'll be checking this forum out on a regular basis. I was in the snare line at a large "Corps Style " college marching band and practiced with two local Pipe Bands, (But wound up not joining either) Currently in the process of organizing a band with Celtic, Pipe and Drum Corps elements...........................

5. Rogue Ex-Mod

Not a ton of people post in this section but we can always change that!

I keep an eye on this area of the PDF but the trouble makers don't usually venture this far down.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

6. Registered User

Bump.....there has to be some more pipe band snare drummers out there.......lets chat!

7. Registered User

I am completely clueless when it comes to pipe drumming, but am a percussionist always willing to learn more about the instrument family. Where do I start?
    Please help me march Legacy Indoor Percussion - http://www.gofundme.com/5k2om4

8. Registered User

Just recently found this forum on pipe drumming, so I'll be checking it out. My background consists of playing drum kit and hand drums. I love DCI, and I play snare in a competitive pipe & drum corps.

9. Registered User

24Nathan: you can search YouTube for videos of pipe bands and pipe band drumming. You can also check out the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association (EUSPBA) for info. Here's a link to their page with info specifically for drumming: http://www.euspba.org/education_music_drums.aspx

Enjoy!