Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by larlev View Post
    I really think pearl should have marketed the pads by themselves. Being able to throw a pad on my side 14" floor would be kinda cool.
    Hey larlev - that is a definiately a possibility down the road a bit but right now we are concentrating on getting the complete e-pro package out to all the dealers/consumers that are asking for it.

2. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
    I like the Yamaha cymbal pads, except the hihat pad, which is a little finnicky....
    Hey sasha - happy Birthday!

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Hey sasha - happy Birthday!
    Thanks AL!

4. Registered User

Hey larlev - that is a definiately a possibility down the road a bit but right now we are concentrating on getting the complete e-pro package out to all the dealers/consumers that are asking for it.
    We all understand that..it's just a suggestion.
    Will other modules work with them?
    Yamaha DTXtreme 3
    Sonor S-Classix....walnut roots
    DW... black oyster glass...
    Masters Studio...Red Glass
    512drumworks....tangerine glass

5. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by larlev View Post
    We all understand that..it's just a suggestion.
    Will other modules work with them?
    Larlev- Sorry for the delay; yes other modules / Brains will work with our TruTrac heads.

6. BLACK DOGS

Larlev- Sorry for the delay; yes other modules / Brains will work with our TruTrac heads.
    I'd love to buy the TruTrac bass drum head...what about that?

And if it does come out, will I be disgusted with the price?
    BLACK DOGS FACEBOOK

7. BLACK DOGS

Quote Originally Posted by C4NTY View Post
    I'd love to buy the TruTrac bass drum head...what about that?

And if it does come out, will I be disgusted with the price?
    Also, would it even be possible?

Could I fit this head to my bassdrum, then use the trigger capability out into my module? Or is there no way of doing this without drilling holes
    BLACK DOGS FACEBOOK

8. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by C4NTY View Post
    Also, would it even be possible?

Could I fit this head to my bassdrum, then use the trigger capability out into my module? Or is there no way of doing this without drilling holes
    The head on the e-pro will fit any 20" bass drum. Yes you can use the trigger capability w/o drilling.

I do not know when the heads will be available as a seperate order item. I'm sure there will be announcement if and when we do.

9. Registered User

I would definately buy the heads. That is great news because I did love the feel of the heads on the kit I played. I just didnt care for the cymbals, hi hat controller, and module. I am excited about this product again
    Vintage Ludwig and Paiste = Heaven on Earth

10. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by csnow View Post
    I would definately buy the heads. That is great news because I did love the feel of the heads on the kit I played. I just didnt care for the cymbals, hi hat controller, and module. I am excited about this product again
    csnow - We'll have more exciting news for e-pro down the road - yes the hi-hat definitely being one of them....

We've been working on sampling different Pearl kits too so there will be more cool sounds coming down the road.

Hang in there and thank you for your renewed support!

11. BLACK DOGS

The head on the e-pro will fit any 20" bass drum. Yes you can use the trigger capability w/o drilling.

I do not know when the heads will be available as a seperate order item. I'm sure there will be announcement if and when we do.
    Have you considered for a second, just how many drummers in the metal scene would jump all over this product?

Triggering, quick an easy. This eliminates (I imagine) the double triggering, not triggering at all, vibration issues etc. Sure those things will still have to be looked at, but it must be so much easier to get it dialed in and working properly than a regular head.

When Im setting up my trigger, I have the following problems.

1. Double triggering
    2. Vibration settings
    3. Triggers leave marks on my drums
    4. Trigger doesn't work great with my favourite head (emad) so have to switch.
    5. Albeit in a die cast metal casing, the wires are flimsy, and the trigger pad is flimsy. From personal experience and from many drummers I know, these parts become easily damaged, needing a repair or an order for replacement parts.
    6. Have to carry it around. I admit this sounds a little pathetic...but its small and gets forgotten - again, personal experience and from other drummers I know.
    7. Have to make sure to place the trigger in the same spot to ensure the same ~ frequency of vibrations reaches it.
    8. From venue to venue, I have very short setup times. More often than I like, I jump on my kit to setup rushing my *** off....and the trigger isnt working properly. This is the single biggest reason I am interested in this head, because if its half as reliable as my roland kick pad, its going to work everytime. That would be a god send.

Theres 8 thoughts that spring to mind initially. I have not played the head, so perhaps im just wishing it to be better than it is - but I would take an educated guess that the tru trac head will greatly improve some of my issues, and in other cases totally solve them.

Im not talking about the drummer who plays stadiums and has an army of techs. Im talking about your regular gigging drummer who has minimal setup time, but still needs a reliable trigger sound. Even if you was to sell it in a package with just the head and redbox, im sure plenty would buy it, tho imo the redbox needs some improvement.
    Last edited by C4NTY; 09-08-2010 at 07:56 AM.
    BLACK DOGS FACEBOOK

12. Pearl Corporation USA

^
    C4NTY - believe me when I say this has been a topic of many many conversations so we're in agreement with you. I'm sure it will happen down the road a bit.

I've been playing around a bit more with the e-pro here in our department and I really like the feel (and sound) particularly of the kick drum head. When you have the head phones on and a butt kicker under the throne - it sounds and feels like playing to a 20,000 seat stadium.