Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283
  1. The Hardware Guy

Additional crash, Paiste hi hats on the left (Z's moved to the right above the 13" tom) and the Ultra-Hammered china

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

2. Pearl & Zildjian

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Other than the Ultra-hammered china (I mentioned in the other thread), I see the cowbell, and the reduction of two rocket toms. I also noticed your Powerslave ride really covers the floor toms... I would have to push that at least 4 or 5 inches away from me, to be able to hit the floor toms (at least from the photo).
    Good observation Matt !

Yes i took 2 RT's off because i hardly ever use the 2 shortest ones. I still got them though but not gonna put them back soon. Cowbell moved to the spot over the new (main) paiste 2oo2 SE hats.
    Yes the ride covers my floors but i don't have any trouble playing them. But my son does but to push it further away i need to grab some more pearl ux-80's because now it almost hits the downpipes of the cymbalholders for the crash & the ride itself.
    If he keeps complaining it's something i'll adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Additional crash, Paiste hi hats on the left (Z's moved to the right above the 13" tom) and the Ultra-Hammered china
    Also good observation Matt

And the A custom hats are on the RH-2000 now.
    Z china left front side & Oriental china trash above the 2 RT's.

Any advice on which part i can use to mount the hihat stand of the rack? I'm using a part of an cymbal stand now (see pic) because using the longest UX-80 won't work (still too short). I tried it. To use an ux-80 i need to move the stand further towards the rack but it gets uncomfortable to play it like that.
    Any straight (longer) pipes or clamps similar to the ux-80 anywhere?? Don't care for the brand as long as it fit's in the rack clamp.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl Vision VSX & Zildjian & Paiste Cymbals
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=246977Latest pics page 80 !

3. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by scaryguy View Post
    Any advice on which part i can use to mount the hihat stand of the rack? I'm using a part of an cymbal stand now (see pic) because using the longest UX-80 won't work (still too short). I tried it. To use an ux-80 i need to move the stand further towards the rack but it gets uncomfortable to play it like that.
    Any straight (longer) pipes or clamps similar to the ux-80 anywhere?? Don't care for the brand as long as it fit's in the rack clamp.
    How about a long UX80 and one of these Pearl pipe extenders https://www.amazon.com/Pearl-TX100-T.../dp/B0002F74S4
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

4. Pearl & Zildjian

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    How about a long UX80 and one of these Pearl pipe extenders https://www.amazon.com/Pearl-TX100-T.../dp/B0002F74S4
    That would work. But i prefer 1 long pipe.... if that's possible

5. The Hardware Guy

I would have suggested what RushDrums24 did - but if you want to use one pipe, simply get any UX-80 (used one if you can) and replace the tube with a longer length of 7/8" (22mm) tubing. Or, if you have a spare Pearl tom arm floating around, replace one of the bits of tubing with a longer piece and use the AX-20 ou already have.

The UX-80 with a longer bit of tubing will be the cleanest and tidiest looking method.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

6. Pearl & Zildjian

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I would have suggested what RushDrums24 did - but if you want to use one pipe, simply get any UX-80 (used one if you can) and replace the tube with a longer length of 7/8" (22mm) tubing. Or, if you have a spare Pearl tom arm floating around, replace one of the bits of tubing with a longer piece and use the AX-20 ou already have.

The UX-80 with a longer bit of tubing will be the cleanest and tidiest looking method.
    Ok, when i got some time i'll go through my stuff and see what i can come up with

7. Registered User

I used a ch2000s type cymbal holder without TL-2000 connected it to the vertical tube of rack with a sc-gcsmc.Name:  hihat.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  62.6 KB