Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ADrummersdad View Post
    Excellent, great seeing your son back behind the kit. I could watch them play all day. Here's a clip of my son at one of his gigs trying to see how small he can get his kit. https://youtu.be/6n2kQoG20xE
    Black Zeppelin / Led Sabbath! Sweet mash up. Your son is quite talented. John Bonham, Bill Ward and smoke machine operator all rolled into one. It's nice to see young people rocking some classic tunes!

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Black Zeppelin / Led Sabbath! Sweet mash up. Your son is quite talented. John Bonham, Bill Ward and smoke machine operator all rolled into one. It's nice to see young people rocking some classic tunes!
    , yeah, I love watching these kids play the classics. I believe Andy's son and my son are both close in age. I'd love to make a trip out there and grab a pint with the legendary Scary Guy, the biggest baddest Vision kit the world has laid eyes on.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/album.php?albumid=260

Pearl Export
    10", 12", 14"F, 16"F, 22"B

Pearl Vision VSX
    10", 12", 13", 14"F, 16"F, 22"B

3. bangin since '95

It's really good to see some kids still picking up the instruments and playing. Now that the world is completely immersed in rap and electronic music, nobody wants to pick up a guitar anymore, much less bass or drums. I'm 25 and I feel like maybe mainstream rock hasn't resonated with the youth since I was about 15. There's always Classic Rock, and that will be here for quite a while, but it kind of scares me that there aren't really any new bands who are getting younger audiences excited right now. I'd even take another reality TV band. Now everybody just wants to be a crappy SoundCloud rapper and spend $200 bucks on a cheap microphone and Fruity Loops.

Your kid is quite talented, and I sure hope he and his friends stick with it. and keep playing.
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga in Satin Aztec Gold Metallic -Sabian Cymbals-Pro-Mark Sticks-Remo Drumheads